Application 'LCC2' has caused... error: Process with the ID NOT found

I found the issue because of the “process id” hint in the error message. “Process” always is a valuable hint to look into the task manager. From that point it was a comparision of what is active without cubase running (after a fresh reboot), what is active while cubase is running. And what is active after cubase has closed.
it is a bug that is related to the elicencer, it causes issues discussed in other threads as well. I hope that Steinberg or whoever will repair this.

All the best, Ernst

14 Likes

Hi, Elien! Thanks so much. Your solution worked also for me on Cubase 11 Elements after updating Windows 10. :+1:

Yess Thank you! Works for me :slightly_smiling_face:

It works temporarily for the control centre but trying to load Halion SE into Ableton just returns the same error. So its currently unusable. Is this a bug or an issue with the latest Windows 10 update? It was working yesterday but not today and the only thing changed is that update.

1 Like

Same problem here. Any comments from Steinberg?

So i just had this problem today and fixed it. Go to c:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft. Rename SeLicenser.sel to a different file extension. Then rerun eLicenser Control Center. Update the eLicense License Database then run Maintenance afterwards. Voila worked for me.

If eLicenser tool gives you failed, try killing the pid for Protected Object Server.

5 Likes

Where this error came from, I have no idea. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

gotta love Steinberg for hassle!

1 Like

Thank you! Worked for me

What different file extension?

Elien thank you so much! you made my day! ^^

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Another life saved here, thanks. And inspired thinking from you.

Thanks all, worked for me too.

Thank you !!!

Thank you - just worked for me as well.

Hi,
I was facing the issue for several times on a startup.
But, what is beautiful is whenever I relaunch cubase it will be fixed.
And comes again on next system startup.:woozy_face:

Hey Elien,

thank you very much, it worked for me too.

It ist really frustrating that i have been in contact with Steinberg Support on this without success for over 6 months (!). Now you gave me the solution :partying_face: THANKS

Sedo

thanks American friend :slight_smile:

This worked for me. But I have to repeat the process everyday.