ARA 2 support delayed - UPDATE

Brilliant. :joy:

ARA 2 support is delayed until a Brexit deal is reached

Thank you for the communication. If you improve VariAudio 3, I can wait.
VariAudio 3 is a truly well-built tool to replace Melodyne, but It has never had maintenance updates even though there are many things to fix.

Donā€™t hold your breath. :wink:

Thank you for this Mattias - while ARA 2 support isnā€™t something for which Iā€™m particularly desperate, I appreciate it is for a lot of people so having this style of update is really valuable.

I hope that Brexit will never happen since I want Dorico to stay in EU :slight_smile: On the other hand, Iā€™m patiently waiting for a full ARA 2 support in Cubase and Nuendo so I appreciate the announcement!

Miloslav

The only thing I need is improvement of whatā€™s already there at the moment. The basic stuff you do every day. Ara2 is great, but I love this decision, thanks Steinberg!

Thanks for informing us of what to expect. Will we see the update next week? Looking forward to this one, it would be great to get updates once a month, just one small thing a month.

Judging about information on Nuendo 10 that has been released, drag and drop into direct offline processing has been developed which I am thankful if is the case. That is something I have been asking for and hoping to see - huge workflow increase. :smiley:

By the way, excuse the off topic but sort of on topic questionā€¦ to use Melodyne via ARA 2 in Cubase, do I need Melodyne editor or Melodyne Studio? does anyone know?

Both versions worked in Sonarā€™s ARA implementation. Since ARAā€™s a standard, I would think that Cubase would be the same.

Matthias, this actually a pretty interesting pilot experiment of community interaction regarding future updates. ie, let us know what you are working on, what is currently being worked on to get fixed or added, and when we can expect itā€¦ and itā€™s okay if you have to delay. People donā€™t mind a delay if they know they are being heard. Would love to see an update itinerary of future updates that are being worked on, soon to be worked on, etc and estimated target datesā€¦ and itā€™s OKAY if you have to delay for reason of stability. Some people will always whine of coarse.

Thanks

Does it mean that this is the end of Variaudio announced ?

Not likely, Melodyne is still a separate product that needs to be paid for.

VariAudio is included and buying Cubase is as far as many people will invest into audio/music.

All Melodyne editions support ARA (even the Essential edition).

Editions compared:

Absolutely not! Thereā€™s a long and informative thread discussing the pros and cons of both, dating back to 2016 (and in the Cubase 8 section):
Variaudio vs Melodyne 4
(while reading that thread, check the dates as it was started almost three years ago, and Variaudio has improved greatly since then).

Not interested in ARA anyways. Iā€™d prefer Steinberg to focus on fixes not new but redundant features.

Indeed, that really would be a worrying announcement. :frowning:

As a long time Melodyne Studio user Iā€™ve been waiting for years for ARA support to arrive in Cubase.
I really hope they get it right the first time, without opening a can of worms!
In the meantime Vari Audio 3 seems to work quite well for vocal editing, and Iā€™m actually quite impressed by how fast and easy it is to use. :slight_smile:

More patience from me too. Iā€™m happy for relatively improved communication.

November, 13: Cubase 10 available. New features: Forthcoming support for extended communications between ARA plug-ins and Cubase.

March, 20: ARA 2 support delayed.

Everybody seems to be very happy because four months later Steinberg has been so kind as to communicate the delay to his clients. Nobody complains about the delay.

With all due respect, I consider this a perfect example of the Stockholm syndrome.

SteelyDani that description is slightly over the top no?

Nobody said they were ā€˜happyā€™ about the delay.

Everyone here knows Steinberg are particularly useless at communicating with itā€™s user base, the fact they have communicated the delay is surprising, itā€™s not normal for them to do so. At least those looking forward to ARA implementation can now forget about it until itā€™s ready.

The delay sucks, but complaining about the delay wonā€™t speed it up. Like almost all software companies (and companies in general for that matter), they say one thing and do another. I have zero expectations from them in terms of delivering what was promised, or it being on time. They should just adopt ID Softwares mantra ā€˜Done when itā€™s doneā€™.