ARA 2 - with izotope RX

just a request to consider in upcoming update/ version of Nuendo

as nuendo is more toward (audio postproduction for films, etc) most of us using RX

ok, we can use rx connect or even edit track by track but it will be really great feature if we see RX work like spectralayers (using ARA 2 integeration)

1 Like

Put it in the feature request section.

Not sure it’s all on Steinberg to make it happen though.

That is a feature request for the Izotope boys …

Fredo

Impossible.
Too much problems with ARA2 in Nuendo

has anyone even heard about something of a new RX version?

^^ sure, but I think this kind of features need collaboration between two platforms so the feature works flawlessly and be supported from both sides.

That’s not how it works.
Somebody (in the case of ARA, Celemony) specifies a new standard.
Then it is up to the host (DAW) and the plugin manufacturers to make it work according to the set specification.
Just like VST2, VST3, ASIO are created by Steinberg, it is up to both parties to make it work.
In the case of ARA, there still are a few loose strings that Steinberg needs to take care of.

HTH
Fredo

1 Like

Hi,

looks like iZotope did implement some support of ARA 2 in RX 8, but just for Logic at the moment. There is no mention of specific plans to support other DAWs such as Nuendo. They posted this on Facebook as well.

Cheers,
Mike

If IiZotope coded their stuff correctly, then they will work in ANY DAW that supports ARA2.
Period.

Fredo

Not supporting Nuendo is a bad idea with the traction this DAW is getting in the industry.

Have those loose ends been taken care of? I new to Nuendo. Thanks.

I don’t think so. The website for RX 9 Advanced says:

RX 9 Spectral Editor & Music Rebalance AU ARA plug-ins are compatible with Logic Pro only.
RX 9 System requirements

I couldn’t find any hint on announcements/plans to support ARA in Cubase/Nuendo. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Would be nice to see Izotope RX ara2 on Cubase/Nuendo.

1 Like

Try the Acon Digital stuff.
Acoustica is ARA2 now. All of their stuff beats RX by far.

Fredo

5 Likes

Oh cool, didn’t know this one. Thanks pointing it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fact that it is for Logic Pro only, and not even Studio One, would imply that it is an iZotope issue not a Steinberg one. After all Presonus and Celemony developed ARA, and Studio One is where we first saw it so you’d think if anyone did it “right” it would be them.

Also just wondering, what does RX, or Acoustica, have that Spectralayers doesn’t? Not that I NEED another audio tool but… :smiley:

The tools (for audio Post) simply work better.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Spectralayers, and I do use it, but some stuff is just better in Acoustica.
I dropped RX altogether.

Fredo

1 Like

@Fredo Gotcha. I’ll probably just stick with Spectralayers then since I actually don’t do any audio post, I’m just a hobbyist. Everything I do is sampled/synthesized so I never really need to “fix” a take since having Kontakt redo it is always an option.

To be honest the main use I’ve had so far with Spectralayers is making Karaoke tracks :smiley:. Turns out the stem unmixer is more competent than I imagined possible.

It is great, isn’t it!?
Totaly agree.

Fredo

I will definitely check that out. Thank you.