I’ve been working on a Film Project where I really need to use the Plugin Auto-Align Post. I am using it to phase align Boom + Lavs mics. The problem is that in Nuendo is really much more complicated and takes a lot of my time that I would be doing it in Pro Tools. The Auto-Align Post programmers told me that it is an issue they have been working with Steinberg, there are a lots of bugs (for example that you alway have to have a plugin in the insert of a channel, if not it won’t work). I hope Steinberg manages to solve all these bugs as this plug in is now an essential tool of Film Post Production.
I would like to know if somebody out there has a better workaround to all the problems with ARA2 in Nuendo. My workflow:
- I copy the all events (boom+lavs) to some work tracks to be synced
- I open the event left and right to include all the handles (once you activate ARA2 it deletes all the handles)
- I activate Auto-Align Post through ARA2 extension
- I use the plugin normally and phase sync boom + lavs
- I have to rename again the audio events files (ARA2 renames the files to the Track name, something that is imposible to work in Post Production as you need the files to be named after the scene and take)
- I render in place (I don’t want to have the plugin on in case I need to open the project in a computer without the plugin)
- I “measure” the original events length and crop accordingly
- I move those synced versions to the original place
- delete the extra track created by Nuendo when “Render in place” (why Nuendo creates a new track!!?? it is so annoying and it doesn’t have any use!)
this takes me at least 5-10 min with a full length Film it will take me many weeks to do that!!
Does anyone knows a better way? Will Steinberg fix this? Is it better to move those tracks to Protools, do everything there and import again in Nuendo?
Somebody told me that the Logic Editors might help. I never used them. Would they?
Also… Could Steinberg add Keyboard shortcuts so I could at least program some Macros?