Are there any benefits to running Nuendo on Windows-11 rather that Win-10?

Yesterday Microsoft gave me a free update from Win10 to Win11 stating that I ‘would love it!’ So far I don’t and am considering reverting back to Win10. The Taskbar has had a lot of functionality removed which is messing with my 3-screen setup. Apart from that I can’t see any difference so far that is actually benefiting Nuendo.

Has anyone noticed any real benefits to running Nuendo on Windows-11 rather that Win-10?

The taskbar placement limitations is my one annoyance with it. I’m living with it for now. Reason I won’t “revert” is it’s on a new build that had W11Pro from the beginning and I don’t have the time and energy to rebuild from scratch.

Other than that I don’t know. If you’re on a current gen Intel CPU then v11 is the one for you as far as I know.

I’m on i9-10900K which I assume is current(ish) so you are probably right.

We can’t be the only people not happy with the reduced Taskbar facilities, so let’s hope Microsoft will see the light and put the missing features back in.

New is not always better.

No that generation isn’t the one I’m talking about. I’m referring to the cpus with efficiency and power cores.

Ah, perhaps there is no point me sticking with Win11. I’m not sure how long the window is for reverting back to Win10, but I’ll see how I get on in the next couple of days.

None.

I’ve rolled back to Win-10. All went smoothly. Took about 5 minutes.

Calm is restored :slight_smile:

Always look a gift horse in the mouth!

1 Like

I for one, am quite dependent on my Win10 taskbar and system tray.

I heard there are ways to get back the Win10 taskbar and system tray style on Win11, but honestly, I think I’ll just hang on to Win10 for now.

Apparently there is some 3rd party software that can bring back the Win-10 Start Menu in Win-11, but not the Win-10 Taskbar features so it’s a no-go for me.

1 Like

I never really missed any features int he taskbar / start menu in Windows 11 except for placing it on the sides. That’s about it for me. I know I heard something about something missing but for the life of me I can’t really see what it was that was so important it was a must-have.