Are we going to see 10.5.10 today?

So, end of Jan was touted for the release and it’s my understanding that updates are usually released on a Wednesday. Are we likely to see it today?

I understand if it has slipped, but I’d like to ease Steinberg’s server traffic from me refreshing if it’s not happening. :laughing: :smiley:

No. It was postponed for the next week

Ok, thanks :+1:

I’ve also been keeping an eye out for this but didn’t hear anything about it being postponed. Where did you hear this?

I briefly posted here, that’s probably where studioton read it:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=173854&start=25#p952178

I updated my post here now: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=178016&p=952581

Well that settles it. Thanks Fabio. Here’s to hoping for a much more usable version when it comes out.

In the mean time, would you be able to help me revert to Cubase 10.0.40? I’m currently on Cubase Pro 10.0.50.

10.0.60 be released ?

@ilmolto: please see here, I posted the links and some info https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=179247#p952079

@djgraver: 10.0.60 is coming in February (I have no specific dates, but likely second half)

Great news! thanks!

Wow! Ok. I guess we’ll do this all over again next week. Lol.

I’m looking forward to this, as well.

Just wondering what takes so much time in providing bug fixes these days? Ok, 10.0.60 unfortunately a final version, maybe there will be much in it? Though from past experience I doubt it will be much.
Also, it looks that SB did something not really well with 10.5 and now 10.5.10 is delayed due to something which came in just at the end of the process? Little concerning imho as it gives the assumption that 10.5 was not ready for realease at all, because now a severe issues has to be addressed which also took most resources and caused delays. Something (again) not really going well with your product maintenance.

Hi Fabio could you please let us know if the HiDPI Scaling issue is likely to be resolved in the next update or 10.0.06? This is mega important to me as I just cannot use Cubase as a result of this problem.

Reading the information about the next (and for 10 the last) update, I doubt there will be anything like that addressed.
Obviously they are fighting with severe issues in regards to performance and stability with (and maybe not only with) VST3 plugins.

Sadly 10.0.60 will then be a final version with no more maintenance. I would not be surprised if proper 4k / HiDPI support will only come with Cubase 11…

:question:

I only ask because I am selling my Cubase 10.5 Pro and was convincing myself if the HiDPI problem gets resolved on the next update I will hang on to it. HiDPI Support came with 10 which was released in 2018, the fact is it never worked correctly. Paying an update to 10.5 then yet another upgrade to Cubase 11 to get something you paid for in Cubase 10 is nothing short of a joke and a bad one at that. As to performance and stability problems taking preference over HiDPI, my only thought is this is exactly what happens to old overloaded Christmas Trees; they fall over.

:unamused: HiDPI works just fine in Macs. I give up waiting on windows 10 getting proper HiDPI and wait as Cubase eventually goes the way or Logic… Mac only.

With the amount of problems MAC users are having other than HiDPI there appears only one way to go. :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused:

HiDPI scaling works just fine in Windows 10. The majority of scalable programs that I use outside of Cubase handle it flawlessly.

The issue is that Microsoft does not (and cannot) force developers to implement scaling (let alone properly) in their software. Scaling is voluntary, and there are multiple ways to implement it depending on what framework is being used.

Now that Steinberg has dropped support for Windows 7, they can focus their efforts on making the best use of Windows 10 features. It may take a while, and there will likely still be issues with 3rd party plugins, but I’m optimistic.