Aria Player in Dorico 2

Paul, thank you very much for the explanations!

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for the info and I have now corrected my earlier post to show the path given in your Help Center link above.

Hello Peter,

I don’t know from your post where you have now placed your VST2 Plugins Whitelist. I’m sure Ulf will resolve eveything on seeing your log-file. I suspect you may have to remove the ARIA Player Whitelist from wherever you put it to stop the crashes. This will depend on where you put it though.

There are just three easy steps to have your Garritan libraries if you would like to do the following.

I have put up my Garritan ARIA Player VST2 Plugins Whitelist for you to download. This has everything correctly spelt and labelled and is working perfectly in my Dorico.

For Dorico2 on Windows 64 bit.

1. Click on this sentence Download the above whitelist.
  2. Close Dorico. Unpack the zip-file then copy and paste or simply place the vst2whitelist.txt to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64
  3. Delete the following folders in that directory. Please be careful to delete just these folders::
    Vst2xPlugin Blacklist VSTAudioEngine.xml
    Vst2xPlugin Infos VSTAudioEngine.xml
    Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths VSTAudioEngine.xml

Open Dorico and your Garritan ARIA Player should be listed in the Play tab ready for playback.

Failing this, I’m sure ULF will find something in your log-file.

Good luck

Michael

Thank you so much Michael - it’s very good of you to help and I appreciate it! I have downloaded your file but I am going to send Ulf the log files so that i can find out what I did wrong (I am sure it’s down to me!) so that I get any unnecessary files moved or deleted before I apply it. Hopefully this is nearly the end of this saga - I really do want to get into Dorico so I hope all my unproductive efforts will soon be a thing of the past!

Thanks again - I’ll let you know how it goes,

Peter

Peter sent me some dumps and he has the same problem that also few other people have with HALion Sonic SE. We are already on the case but need some time to resolve it.

Dredging up this old thread because I’m having the same problem with Dorico 3. I’ve tried michaelb’s remedy at the top to no avail.

Can you please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’? That creates silently a zip file on your desktop. Please attach it here. Thanks

Note that the newest ARIA version contains a VST3 plug-in. It’s not multi-output, but it;s a start!

I was unable to get the ARIA VSTs to be recognized by Dorico 3. However, using Plogue’s sforzando, I can now see my Garritan Jazz and Big Band sounds. Has anyone else gone down this route? Are there known gotcha’s or limitations. Has anyone experienced limitations due to the Garritan’s SFX extensions referred to earlier in this thread?

If you post a Diagnostics Report, I’m sure we will also get ARIA running with you.

That would be great Ulf! I’ve attached the zip file.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (394 KB)

You have whitelisted the 32bit plug-ins, but Dorico is only 64bit, therefore you need to put following on the whitelist:

ARIA Player Multi VST_x64
ARIA Player VST_x64

You see the difference? Not x86 but x64.

Thanks Ulf!