ARIA Player update : VST3

Garritan users and Finale refugees may like to know that there is an update to ARIA Player, v. 1.959.

This includes Catalina support for Mac; HiDPI support for Windows; and a VST3 plug-in!

However, the Player update (and the Engine, which is a separate thing) do not seem to be readily accessible at the moment: I had to persist with MakeMusic Support before they agreed to give me a (time limited) download link.

FWIW if I open my current version of Aria (Player v1.872 and Engine V1.933) the Engine update to 1.959 is available on the Settings page.

But it says the Player is the latest version, though it’s a few years old now.

Do you actually get an update link though? When I clicked it, it took me to ariaengine.com/support/aria-engine-update, but what looks like should be a download link isn’t actually active. Going to my account in the MM Download library, the latest version available for download there is 1.872. Just wondering if you could actually download the update.

You’re right.

Seems like the usual MakeMusic website shambles. When I upgraded from GPO4 to GPO5 the download link was another copy of GPO4. It took a few weeks to get that sorted out. The only part of the deal that “worked properly” was charging my credit card for the non-upgrade, amazingly enough.

:laughing: This was probably 10 years ago, so I might be remembering it wrong, but I seem to recall once updating the Aria Engine before the Aria Player update came out, and it caused playback issues. The version #s currently match, so I’m sorta assuming they may be waiting until both are ready for release.

The installer I was given updates both the Player and the Engine. Links for Windows and Mac are in this discussion, though I don’t know how long they will work for.

https://www.finaleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18230&p=71113#p71113

Link worked great, thanks!

I notice the new Aria Player/Engine has a VST3 version included, but I have not yet been able to determine whether it is multi-channel (since I’d first have to remove the VST2 versions from my whitelist to see what remains.

I’m curious about the multi-channel issue too. The new VST3 version doesn’t seem to be, unless I’ve just got it configured incorrectly. That makes it pretty useless in Dorico. Has anyone been able to use it with multiple playback channels active?

Did anyone ever get the new VST3 version of Aria to work as a multi-channel player? I still haven’t figured it out and am keeping the “Aria Player Multi VST_x64” whitelisted. If anyone could get it to work multi-channel, can you please explain how? Thanks!

As far as I can determine, the VTS3 Aria Player only outputs to channels 1 & 2.
Has anyone who owns a Garritan sound set asked about this on the Garritan Forums/“Submit a request” link?

Yes, it seems a bit of a damp squib, as no multi-output. Still, hope for the future that there will be full VST3 at some point!

Oh well, I’m sure it will be full multi-channel VST3 at some point. As the current version is 1.959 maybe they are waiting for the 2.0 release.