Articulations not registering

i see what you mean - i used very low notes in pro tools for keyswitching between arco and pizz for the cello. i did of course delete the low note for midi export :stuck_out_tongue:. that sounds unusual and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and both learn something.

Try this one :slight_smile: but the REAL low notes you will have to remove manually … :slight_smile:
dont even know aye - CopyREV.zip (1.4 MB)

thanks. upon open and load i get the error from halion “some audio files are missing please check installation” and then when i playback i cant hear anything except piano and harp. is this a dorico pro vs dorico elements cross over issue perhaps? running my mouse up and down the halion virtual keyboard on all except piano and harp doesnt give me any sound.

or perhaps a whole dorico and halion reinstall is worth considering?

Sorry, I thought you had pro. That explains it. the HSSO Elements template loads GM sounds by default…
I’ll have a look at it later, and it will teach myself one or two things about Elements vs Pro…

no worries. whenever you have the time. again i really do appreciate your time spent helping. at least the issue has been narrowed down under the cross-hair of our awareness.
im still curious as to the source of the issue and why default dorico wasnt performing as standard.

then again i seem to have the most unusual technological issues of anyone ive ever known - which is why i appreciate the help so SO much!

As far as I understand the Halion Symphonic Orchestra in NOT included with Elements… Then I personally would recommend NotePerformer ( www.noteperformer.com ) - I will have to double check that it works with Elements though, but I do think it does…

Ahhhh okay. this makes sense. I have ARIA garriton with which i use as my template ‘default’ on pro tools and shows up on dorico VSTi list. sounds quite good. ill sus that out tomorrow and see if it correctly interprets the expression mapping.
cheers

You can indeed use Garritan and ARIA player in Dorico. There is no autoloading though, so you have to configure it manually (unless someone has made a Playback template…). Perhaps someone has made Expression maps for it, worth checking in the Expression maps thread, I guess. Otherwise, I can always make a basic Xmap for Garritan. Should only take a few minutes :slight_smile:

alrighty, ive got aria garriton working and i figured out how to do the expression mapping for it. the only thing i cant find anywhere online what notes garriton uses for the keyswtichs and its not shown in the software itself. so its a guessing game as to what value effects what keyswitch. other than that its all working now. thanks a bunch Fratveno!

i do have one more qestion regarding doricos midi note design. i found this on a website:
“With MIDI note 0 = C-2, middle C (MIDI note 60) is C3
With MIDI note 0 = C-1, middle C (MIDI note 60) is C4
With MIDI note 0 = C0, middle C (MIDI note 60) is C5
I lose track of which manufacturers use which designation.”

So midi note 0 in expression map is what note on the piano roll?

Ignore the C4, C5, C3 bit. Middle C is always 60, so just count down from there.

True, and the notation patches (names starting with n-) all have their Key Switches in the bottom octave, i.e. midi notes 0 thru 11. I have attached a small GPO/Aria demo here. The Xmap is ARIA-STRINGS.
Dorico-GPO-Demo.zip (415 KB)

thanks Dan. this means dorico uses middle C as C4. :slight_smile:

omg i just checked to see what the free version of garriton is and it doesnt exist… i got confused because garriton made the ARIA player.
im using the finale default bank samples via aria player (which by the way they sound 1000x better than the default dorico elements soundbank). i will shamefully admit that i think i got these samples from when i cracked finale many years ago :s.
Doh, sorry

Oh, I see :slight_smile: Legal matters aside, if you have managed to make the Aria player available to Dorico, then, (in the demo file) just replace the first slot with Cellos KS from the Garritan Instruments for Finale, and you should have arco, pizz and tremolo working with the existing Xmap (those are the only techniques available there)