Well, after a very rough start getting my MC set up, I’ve finally gotten a little time to try some things out. Granted, I don’t really know what I’m doing yet. But the manual is not all that helpful. I’m getting far more pratical information from the little video tutorials. So, I’m not particularly impressed with the manual.
One of the primary reasons I’ve wanted a “deeper controller,” ever since I saw a demo of the WK “id” in action, was this one or 2 clicks access to plugs for inserts. So that was the very first thing I wanted to learn how to do on this unit. The Euphonix promo tutorial showed the user:
- Pressing on the inserts soft knob
- pressing the left & right page knobs to go into config mode.
- Select the insert slot you wanted
- Press the menu button for the plug
- Use the page button to scroll through the menu to find the plug you wanted
- Select that plug
- Press that the selected plugin button a second time to open up the parameters of the plug on the knobs while the plug opens up on the screen. Then make our adjustments.
The way I had been doing it without a controller:
- Go right to the insert slot I wanted and open it up.
- Scroll down to the plug in and hit select
- Open the plug to adjust. DONE!
How on earth is the controller methodolgy faster?!!? Are there some macros I need to set in order to shorten this process? This doesn’t seem very efficient to me. What am I missing here?