ASIO driver open failure!! :(

Hi again everyone! The last post I made here everyone was very helpful. It was determined I should invest in a sound card so I could get some good ASIO drivers going for Cubase before attempting any complicated midi or sequencing projects :slight_smile: So I invested in what seems like the mercedes benz of audio cards…and I combine it with the mercedes benz of MIDI software…and it seems they’re not compatible! :frowning:

After installing the sound card and the appropriate drivers from the M-Audio website and restarting the computer, I go into Cubase, Device Setup, and I can see the ASIO driver there: “M-Audio Delta ASIO”

Unfortunately when I hit “Switch” it gives me the error message: “ASIO driver open failure!”

I’m hoping there’s a fix for this? I did a search on this forum but it turned up nothing. Please help.

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 gHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Audio card: M-Audio Audiophile 192
Audio card drivers: Windows 7 64-bit
Software: Cubase 6 64-bit
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es

Sounds to me like an M-Audio issue as opposed to a Cubase issue. Can you open the ASIO driver in any other apps?

Ron

Pretty definitely an M-Audio issue like Ron said. Well, could it even be some 64-bit environment issue? Have you tried it in Cubase 6 32-bit? That might also be the case that Steiny has modified the ASIO application interface somewhat so that M-Audio wouldn’t yet support Cubase 6… Might be a good idea to try it on Cubase 5 32-bit if you have it. If it doesn’t work on that either, it’s definitely a fault by M-Audios part. Amazing thou, if that’s the case since M-Audio is a company with good hardware and widely used also.

But at first I would try it out on 32-bit Cubase. Don’t know also if it might even be a Windows 7 fault somehow… Check just in case that you have the latest updates from Windows Update + check your motherboards website for updated BIOS file + the rest of updates for your mother board. You never know…

Also check once more that the M-Audio devices firmware is the newest. If it even has firmware. I had a problem with my DVD drive and Nero Multimedia suite HD 10 Platinum and sent a bitter post to Nero admins and the fault was my NEW DVD-drive’s too old firmware. :wink:

Hi, aoldham85.

Don’t waste your time. just reinstall audio drivers. I’ve got M-Audio Audiophile 192 and M-Audio Audiophile 2496 everything works like a charm W7 x64 C6 x64.

P.S. M-Audio produces good staff but tech support (new drivers etc) is their weakness.