ASIO Drivers Not Showing

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or if I missed a previous post that had this answered already, I tend to miss things easily, but I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card and I would like to use its “Creative ASIO” for Cubase 6 but it is not showing up in Cubase’s list of ASIO drivers. ASIO4ALL is showing up (which has served me well for a year or two but it’s time to move on) but not Creative ASIO. Any help would be appreciated. :smiley:

Why not try the desperate stuff when you’re still relatively calm and not hyperventilating … ? :wink:

You’re sure you’ve installed the drivers properly?
Try reinstallin just to get that out of the way. The drivers are not working anyway so …

HTH :slight_smile:

lol well I have Reason 5 and some other audio programs that use ASIO and Creative ASIO shows up for them, but I guess I can try that.

Naw, then it’s kind of pointless? :confused:
So now it’s only 2435 other things to try! :laughing:

After a bit of poking about I noticed Creative ASIO is only showing up in 32-bit applications and never 64-bit applications. Perhaps this is something that I should ask on the Creative forums.

May need 64 bit drivers and firmware, if applicable.

Yeah I just did a search after suspecting that when I discovered it isn’t showing up for 64-bit programs and found out Creative is an a-hole and doesn’t supply 64-bit ASIO drivers up front. :imp: I did a bit of searching and found the 64-bit drivers by pure luck but my problems may not be over because in the past I’ve had the 32-bit drivers cause my computer to actually blue screen when they even try to initiate. :frowning: Oh well, as soon as this install of RealStrat finishes so I don’t lose the progress of it, I’ll see if Cubase 6 can run it without a blue screen of death.

To be honest, Blasters are more of a gaming and sound playback soundcard and not really for DAW use. Yes, they can be used, but you see yourself some of the issues. Investing in a good interface would be your best course.

+1!
yep great for games… not so good for DAW usage… at that end of the market you would be MUCH better off with something like an Maudio Audiophile.

Yeah I think I will be changing sound cards if I can’t put enough band aids on this to fix it up.