ASIO4ALL with Lexicon Omega & Windows 10

I just purchased a PC with Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz 8GB 1TB Windows 10 to dedicate for a recording computer and I’ve got a couple of issues and questons.

1. Can I upgrade to Cubase 8 with out loading all the previous versions, or do I have to load them first?

2. I’m using a Lexicon Omega interface and each time I’ve tried to do any recording now it tells me “The ASIO Driver is not working”. I’ve done some research and installed “ASIO4ALL” and I still can’t get any of the ASIO drivers to run. So what do I need to do to get my ASIO driver(s) working. I’m concerned that this may be a compatibility issue with “Windows 10”?

3. I got a notification I can upgrade my Cubase LE for $9.99 and I’m not exactly sure what that gives me?

Your suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Hi,

1. No, you don’t need to install previous Cubase versions. Install Cubase LE 8 only.

2. Try to test your system via LatencyMon to get some info.

3. For example more effects, more sounds, also possibility to use up to 8 Insert effects per Channel.

Thanks for the information,

1. I believe I’ve loaded LE-8 but I’ll double check.

2. I’m assuming Latency Mon is “safe” to install and use to use?

3. I don’t see how using additional effects will help, as I’m NOT getting any signal from the Lexicon Omega to the Cubase Software. To test it, I simply plugged a guitar into the input jack on the front of the Lexicon Omega, I get analog sound into the Lexicon Omega and I can monitor it with my headphones plugged into the the Lexicon Omega, however I don’t get ANY signal input to the Cubase mixer/channels. I’ve also downloaded the latest version of the Lexicon Omega driver.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

1. Yes. Used many times already.

2. Please check official Steinberg YouTube channel and Cubase 7 Quick Start video tutorials. The basic settings is explained in the very 1st video.

OK, got it working. Apparently the file for LE-8 never fully downloaded, so I downloaded it with a better connection and got it installed on the new PC. I did get it to record, so I think I’m good, I just need to set my in and out channels more specifically.

Thanks also for reminding me of the Steinberg channel on YouTube. I haven’t used my Cubase in a while so I’m sure watching a couple of good videos will be a great help.

David