Ask Steinberg to have the option to turn off Sentinel

Owner of Cubase 9, we want an option to turn of the sentinel plug-ins.
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

no โ€œweโ€ donโ€™t

Nah

Never.

Wellโ€ฆ
Options are good but, this option would definitely need have a warning to use at your own risk and donโ€™t *itch and moan to Steinberg support or on the Cubase forum if/when issues arise. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Definitely not! :slight_smile:

Siegfried, please understand that the Sentinel is a much needed (yet sometimes painful) step to provide a more stable and better environment. Very often, plug-ins are the reason for crashes. Sometimes, itโ€™s an outdated plug-in, a bridged plug-in or a plug-in that is not coded according to the specifications. My personal hope from a support point of view is that this raises the awareness for this very important topic and everyone will benefit from it (some developers are preparing updates already).
If you really need a plug-in that the Sentinel blacklisted, re-enable it according to the instructions posted here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/207348390-Plug-in-Sentinel-for-Cubase-9

I agree that โ€œweโ€ donโ€™t need to turn it off.

Indeed, if the plugin gets blocked, contact the developer. Because it simply doesnโ€™t pass compliance testing.

My Cubase 9 start up takes easily twice as long as 8.5 and Iโ€™m wondering if the change might be Sentinel scanning each time?

Many of us โ€œweโ€ DO want the Sentinel โ€“ I have no complaints with it. Other complaints with Cubase, but not this! :slight_smile: