Assign CCs to the new Midi Remote in Cubase 12

Have you tried maybe making a Track Preset for the respective instruments with the appropriate Track Quick Controls saved as part of the Track Preset?

1 Like

yea, I mean can we activate that preset from Midi remote

Hello guys!! I was having the same issue…it was a bit odd because you’ll have to use the quick control function apart from the midi editor on the arranger window. A very simple workaround was just to simply delete the 3 faders that I used for midi automation (C1, 2,11) on midi remote and it just works fine! I can combine the CCs and the new functions on the same midi device.

I’m using the track preset as well, but I have to load it everytime, not so practical indeed. I do not see why the implementation of CCs would be a problem that could mess with the remote mapping setting, as long as there are controllers that are completely customizable. Anyway, i did post a request a few days ago:

Has anyone found a way to hack the .json files to rearrange the order of the mapping pages?

Also, I don’t see the host mapping code (for the different mapping pages) in the .json files. Where is it stored?

1 Like

There is a major problem with this solutions.
There is a defect where Track QCs do not function for MIDI Tracks. In fact, there are a lot of features that do not work on MIDI Tracks, mute, solo etc.

It’s horrible when a workaround for a defect (or arguably a feature limitation) itself has a defect, but this is the case.

its only a “major” problem, if the MIDI Remote stuff doesn’t get those things added soon :slight_smile:

I’m hoping / assuming, that this is just an early release that’s not yet feature complete and that the next minor Cubase updates will include some of the currently missing features.

1 Like