Assign track picture on multiple tracks?

Is there a way to assign a track picture to multiple tracks in one go??

In C 9.5 you selected the tracks and double clicked on the track picture area and chose the icon and all the selected tracks got the same icon.
Now in C 10 when you double click the picture area all the other tracks get de-selected! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Really!?

I asked this two months ago. :open_mouth: Am I the only one this one bothers?
Is it a bug or one of these ā€œnew featuresā€ implemented in ver. 10?

Anyone? :cry:

1 Like

This was the first result in a Google search for ā€œCubase assign track image to multiple tracks.ā€ I didnā€™t even know it WAS possible in previous versions (that I skipped over). Itā€™d be really good to have thisā€¦

1 Like

I have same problem. Any Solution?

1 Like

I literally just 30 secs ago I closed Cubase after updating my template with clicking on 30 individual tracks for added picture icons.

Yeah, its disappointing you can select multiple tracks at once and use the Q link to added picture icons.

We need icons in the tracks because the track names on the bottom of the mixer are too darn small and scrolling is easier with the icons.

1 Like

Why is this not possible? Really annoying to do it track by track. Please Steinberg allow assigning trackā€™pictures to multiple tracks.

1 Like

Not possible since 10 version (at least 9 and 9.5 could do it). I used that a lot! And I missā€¦ :unamused:

1 Like

I just canā€™t understand this type of ā€˜regressionā€™, why remove it? Not sure if theyā€™re listening though or of the chances of it being corrected.

Actually they fixed it ā€œpartiallyā€ in v. 11.xx, (canā€™t remember exact version).
It is now possible to assign track pictures to multiple tracks in the Mixer viewā€¦

Hereā€™s how:
In Mixer view, select multiple tracks and hold the Shift key down while double clicking on a track icon area. Select desired icon and press ā€œOkā€ā€¦ Done!

ā€œActually they fixed it ā€œpartiallyā€ in v. 11.xx, (canā€™t remember exact version).ā€

Thanks, pity though as Iā€™m on 10.

Ok, I had to check thisā€¦ The ā€œpartialā€ fix came in Cubase v. 11.0.40
Still the same in v. 12, so no improvement yetā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve found a workaround in C12 (as soon as I upgrade to 13 Iā€™ll check):

• select the tracks in the main page (NOT the mixer view)
  • open the mixer (F3) and then double click on the image blank space while holding Alt+Shift
  • Select the image you want to put on the multiple tracks and click ā€œOkā€

Now you have the same image on multiple tracks!

If you do this directly in the main page, it doesnā€™t work (the Alt+Shift command deselect the tracks).
If you select the tracks directly in the mixer page, it doesnā€™t work either :man_facepalming:

I know: itā€™s a stupid work around and we all hope that Steinberg will make it easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes