Assigning Mackie MCU function buttons

Hmm not sure what I am doing wrong and I swear I have used this in the past. So sticking with Retrologue, I open the remote control editor. I can edit anything and all is well, however when i hit learn its not picking up any controller knobs or buttons i move. I am currently trying to assign to my NI Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2. So on left of screen i have the retrologue instrument open and on the right the remote editor opened from the retrologue task bar. If I go directly to the retrologue click a control and learn it works fine. I have tried other controllers and none of them are picking up in the remote control editor. I think i will restart computer and try again. Failing that a beer.

The remote control editor is used to learn from the VST only. You’re not learning the hardware Midi CC’s.

This is because the hardware control of those learned VST parameters is governed/fixed by the protocol (i.e. for MCU that is V-pots with multiple pages).

So think of it as an exclusive mapping for deeper ‘intelligent’ controllers (MCU, Nuage, EuCon etc.)

Maybe you’re thinking of mapping quick controls? Or the generic remote editor which is incredibly manual, arduous task and not at all dynamic like an MCU mapping is.