ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce?

fwiw I use a new NVidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti, put out by Asus, and it seems to be perfectly fine on three monitors. Windows 7 64 bit, cubase 8.

Hi Mozart , it’s only a bottom end Graphics card , the Asus HD 7790 with Eyefinity and it works a treat :wink:

:laughing:

Perhaps I slept but at least I documented. Cubase use setting from Win Metro (Aero).

Cubase maybe use GPU at video …MAYBE but NEVER for interface

Maybe you need to read more…No offense …

by the way…cubase require aero mode enable!!! why ? …for 3D graphic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There used to be driver issues all over the place with ATI. The catalyst application would cause drop outs and even screen freezes. But this was like 5 years ago. At least for me.

I recently had 5000 series amd gpu’s and they worked fine. The FIREPRO series are also really nice for multiple display work. those big monitors at McDonalds run off firepro gpu’s.

I recently got the GTX 650 because the price was too good. and recently Nvidia has been pretty fast with driver updates. Even for Tech Preview of Windows 10 ( build 9926 is great btw ).

If you want to have a stable PC is good to buy a brand name like Lenovo, Dell, HP. If you have VERY good PC you need an WORKSTATION PC.

…so…a good graphic card for stability is ANY NVIDIA QUADRO or ANY ATI FireGL.

P.S. If you have a PC from components it is very important RAM. No matter falling fast or expensive is RAM. IMPORTANT IS TO PUT RECOMANDED FROM THE MOTHERBOARD PRODUCER!

Thanks. Useful info. Do you find the fans noisy on it?

I’m sorry if I sounded condescending before. I just realized that everyone might don’t know all facts about this.

If you don’t know, any visual you see in windows are 3D,2D, API calls and DirectX and Windows and all the programs/ apps include Cubase use your graphic card to run all 3D and 2D visual in windows that are then connected to windows visual and graphical representations called AERO.

So yes, we use 3D and 2D everyday running graphic in Cubase and windows. All is run by the included chip and RAM on board on the graphic card called GPU-chip. (Graphics processing unit)
OSX (Coco-Open GL), Linux and Ubuntu etc. use the same kind of technology.

But there are even more. There are important technology included in Windows AERO interface that are very important part of windows interface. There are direct connections to the graphical representations that is called direct API calls. Developer use direct API-calls in example Cubase and other programs and the API-support is available in the form of the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). SDK providing documentation and tools necessary to build software based upon the Windows API-calls that are associated to the Windows interface. Microsoft has provided the DirectX set of APIs as part of every Windows since Windows 95. But that is another story.

Have a great day!

Best Regards
Freddie

Unfortunately we do not have right again

Windows, even 8.1, can run without 3D acceleration.

DirectX is good for for people who do not want to work hard in programming.

If we were to go by your logic SOLITAIRE GAME is 3D game because use AERO ? c’mon…

P.S. …by the way…DirectX it is NOT just for 3D. It is for 2D, audio, etc…

Best Regards,

If Cubase came from using the legacy GDI video API (before Direct2D / Windows 7), which it most certainly did, it’s either still using GDI today or, most likely transitioned some or all of it to Direct2D calls which are highly compatible and interoperable with GDI.

If so, then a video card’s GPU will assist with Direct2D calls when drawing all primitives (lines, rectangles, etc.).

I suspect Cubase 8 sees some small UI performance gains when paired with a reasonably modern card it’s happy with dirver-wise.

This is for Windows. I think OS X and its OpenGL is hard to avoid these days; stuff is gonna get accelerated without too much work from the coder. Less of an issue with Mac, anyway, as the platform video choices are narrower and mostly meet a minimum spec, with driver issues more stabilized.

Indeed a much better explanation…

…and it is absolutly irrelevant.

…and again…SOLITAIRE GAME IT IS NOT 3D BECAUSE USE AERO.

The same think is for cubase.

Best regards.