Audient EVO 16 Setup Issues

Recently upgraded to an M1 Mac Mini and had to ditch my Presonus interfaces. I got the Audient EVO 16 with an SP 8. I’ve been working on mixes and masters and everything has been great thus far.

Today I needed to track my first project since the changeover, and for some reason I’m not getting mic signal into Cubase. I’ve done zoom calls and stuff running a mic through the EVO16 so I know it is functioning, it just isn’t getting into Cubase. Audio out is working just fine. Drivers seem to be fine, routing in Cubase seems to be fine, just not getting anything into the DAW. If I open the EVO mixer I have direct monitoring, if I use another application, i.e. Zoom, The application gets audio signal from the mic. Checked the system settings panel and the driver is set up correctly and shows audio signal coming in via the mic, just not into Cubase.

Anyone out there have experience with the EVO 16? They’re fairly new so 99% of Google searches lead to reviews and marketing material, but no user videos.

Setup:
Mac Mini M1 2020
Audient EVO 16 with SP 8
Cubase Pro 10.5

Welcome ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Does the EVO 16 has a dedicated ASIO driver and, if so, is it installed and appearing in the Setup > Setup Studio > Audio System panel, under the ASIO driver setting ? If not what is selected in it ?

I went in the EVO site to see the specifications. The online marketing is absolutely getting worse and worse, these days : something like 40 screens (with a 2560 x 1440 monitor…) of commercial bs in the ‘overview’ page and no features or specifications until you have already viewed the half of them, these being accessible only in other pages… This said, nowhere I found the ‘ASIO’ term.

So, it seems to be a kind of mic pres to be connected to an ASIO driven audio device via an ADAT connection to me, as an ADA-8200 or an OctoPre. If the case, with what device are you using it ?

EDIT - After looking more closely at it, it sems that it’s indeed a ‘true’ audio interface, at least usable as ‘standalone’. But still, no seeable ASIO driver, so my two first questions remain…

1 Like

the EVO 16 works just fine with Cubase in Windows 11. I am sure it will work on mac too :slight_smile:

so what you are saying is you are running the EVO16 and Cubase is using that card to output the audio and that is working?

if that is the case you must just be missing something simple why the signal isn’t showing in Cubase.

so go back to the start. Go over the inputs in Cubase, make audio tracks and select the correct inputs and arm them.

for the evo 16 mixer everything was default when I started recording

1 Like

ASIO drivers were set fine, everything was assigned and armed properly. As it turns out it was much simpler. Just had to grant Cubase access to the microphone in the security settings. Must be a newer feature in OS 11, because I don’t recall having to do that in any of my previous Macs. Thank you for the help though!

Sure was simple. Just had to grant microphone access to Cubase in the security settings, which I don’t recall having to do on previous Macs. Learned a new one today! Thanks for jumping in to help!

1 Like