Audio clips in pool-no sound

Hi Folks,

I have spend about half an hour searching the forum for an answer to this one, but have come up with nothing so far. This probably means that there is a simple answer, & I’ve missed it.

Just a little background before my question. I am new to 7.5 but upgraded from SX2 a month ago. I have loaded a few of my old projects up and got them all playing. I thought I could use these as a basis for learning more about 7.5

The problem I have come across is in the Pool. I cannot get any audio on any of my projects. They appear to play back according to the play button. This is the same for new projects. I just cannot get any sound from the Pool.

I don’t remember this as a problem in SX2. Have I missed an audio bus connection somewhere?

Any thoughts would be most welcome. In the meantime I am going through the manual with a tooth-comb.

Regards

Jeff

Disable or configure the control room

Hi JMCecil,

Thankyou for giving me a guideline. I have investigated the ‘Control Room’ and am clearly getting a signal. Still no sound at the moment, but I will hopefully get that from the manual. Looks to me like there are more basic setup things I need to do before I get fully up to speed.

Best wishes

Jeff

The easiest way to see if it’s the control room. Hit F4. Go to the Control room tab. Disable it blue button should go gray. Go to the output tab and set your main outs.

Thanks again JMCecil,

Right, I now can access the audio clips. I had to pack up shortly after my last message yesterday so I’ll be looking at the Control Room today to find out what exactly it does.

I had activated a monitor bus in the ‘Studio’ section of ‘VST Connections’ and found the Control Room on/off button there. It seems to be independent from the same button in the Control Room panel. I’ll find it now I know what was happening.

You have been most helpful.

Best wishes

Jeff

A quick guide for anyone who may find it helpful. I’m learning this as I go along and following on from my last message I can confirm that page 386 starting line 14 is where the immediate answer to my problem is (or rather ‘was’ for me) This is part of the chapter about ‘The Pool’

The ‘Control Room’ chapter at page 211 is a full explanation & well worth getting your head around if you plan to create Mixes for musicians in a different rooms or section of your studio (Vocals in the bathroom for example) using talkback etc. Well the manual explains it better than me…!

Anyway I hope this helps.

Regards

Jeff