When I installed Dorico, sound was produced OK in write and playback mode, and I went along the learning curve.
Later on I wanted to transcribe a tune, using both Transcribe! and Dorico, and the problems started.
Dorico was sounding OK, but I had no sound under Transcribe! … Tried setting Dorico driver configuration (don’t remember exactly what I did but for sure removed the exclusive ownership of the driver), and Transcribe! worked OK, but funnily enough I couldn’t hear the audio in my headphone when it was plugged into the Dell WD15 dock station I use with my Dell XPS15, It only worked OK when plugging the headphone into the XPS audio plug directly
Later on, after a couple of days and a reboot of the XPS, there was no audio at all. Reinstalled the Realtek driver and audio is back but not for Dorico.
Tried modifying the Dorico driver config with no results. FYI, in Halion windows the vumeter movements indicate that sound is produced but not heard.
So this is likely a driver problem
Very weird !! Too bad that this fantastic notation software leads to these audio problems (never had any when simultaneously using Sibelius, Transcribe! and others
What can I do to fix Dorico audio… I hate the idea of going back to Sibelius …
Dorico version is 184.108.40.2066 with VST engine 220.127.116.118 … Is there a discrepancy between these.