AUDIO DROP-OUTS WHEN RECORDING...HELP!!!

FIRST OFF, I HAVE A Mac Mini
PROCESSOR : 2.7 GHz INTEL CORE i7 , MEMORY: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 , Mac OS X 10.7.3
Native instruments Komplete audio 6 interface( it came with cubase 6 le) , B.L.U.E. Mouse condenser mic, and a shure dynamic microphone … all of witch were purchased with in two months

now my problem is when i record (vocal, and only one naked track with nothing else running , no effects or anything), the audio drops out… and in… and out… now i can see the wave from the recording, but can only hear bits and pieces of the audio track. Only the recording does this… when i import an audio track it works just fine
I have tried both the SHURE dynamic, and the BLUE condenser mic.

I am a Novice to both recording and to cubase, this is my first encounter with both so any advice , tip or solution would be most appreciated thank you in advance.

Are you sure you don’t have any plugins (inserts) on the channel?

Bone dry… I start my songs out empty… … but even if i did my mac is powerful enough to handle it

Monitor your ASIO meter (F12) and see if it spikes. If so, run this on your system: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

That was Split’s next recommendation, I felt it in the force. :wink:

I don’t think it will run too well in his system:

:unamused:

I would probably have advised the DPC, not noticing that the OP was using a Mac too :laughing:

Anyway OP… Have you downloaded and installed the latest Mac driver for the NI 6 interface and selected it in Cubase?

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates#Utilities

Also I assume you’re using the bundled Cubase LE6? have you downloaded the latest update LE 6.0.7 found here http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_le_6.html

yo tengo el mismo problema. Tengo una Pc Intel DP67BG con un prosesador I7 2600k, 8 Gigas de Memoria Ram con windows 7 y tengo los mismos problemas. Solo pude minimizar el problema dehabilitando internet y usando discos duros de no mas de 500 gb. Tengo Cubase 5 y dos Modulos MR816 CSX conectados por el puerto firewire. :question:

I have the same problem. I have a PC with an Intel DP67BG prosesador I7 2600K, 8 gigs of RAM with windows 7 and I have the same problems. I could only minimize the problem by disabling the internet and not using hard drives over 500 gb. I have Cubase 5 and MR816 CSX two modules connected by firewire port. :question:

I have Cubase 5 and MR816 CSX two modules connected by firewire port. > :question:

Tryed legacy windows firewiredriver?
And as Split recommended check you systemlatency.
In the link in my Signature you can find 2 programs to check and perhaps more Infos dealing with dropouts

Greetz Bassbase

I’ve tried everything! my observation: cubase 5 / MR816 cxs with XP (IDE bios settings) without Drops-outs but the system is slower to navigate. cubase 5 / MR816 cxs with Windows 7 (AHCI bios settings) with Drops-outs but the system is more agile to navigate. Everything was tested on an Intel PC DP67bg, 8 GB Ram Corsair mem, Intel I7 2600K and Hard Disk 1 TB Black Cabiar. Looks like AHCI steals resources OHCI 1394 Firewire Host Eiii. :bulb: