Audio dropouts on a brand new UR22C

Hello ! Today I bought a brand new Steinberg Ur22c, but there is a big problem. No matter what I do, whether it is listening to music on spotify or playing guitar on a daw, the audio seems to drop frequently with the usb light also flashing sometimes… I have tried lowering the sample rate and buffer size,changing the usb setting from 3.1 to 2.0, using a power supply, a different usb cable, checking for updates both on the computer and the card and switching the pc power settings to high performance. No luck whatsoever. What should I do?
My systems specs:
Mobo : Asus ROG Strix X370F Gaming
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 2700
GPU: MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X
RAM : 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
PSU : Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W

Check it on all available USB sockets… would be the first step…
Are your chipset drivers up to date? It could be a USB bus problem

nope, still nothing. updated chipset drivers and tested all usb ports, even the front io. no solution and also video seems to lag :confused:

btw… you should increase the buffer size…
Can you use an external power supply for the UR22C?

I can use a typical usb to a power brick, did that before but still nothing changed. I also increased the buffer size but again nothing

Does the interface work on a different computer? Can you try that?

it works perfectly on my win10 laptop…might have to go back to windows 10 on my setup then.

Going back to Windows 10 makes no difference, I tried. It has something to do with the audio interface not liking some USB controllers (especially those from AMD). I thought they fixed this with a driver update, but the problems only got worse. I was recording something and it dropped out, forcing me to start over again. And again, and again until I gave up, fired up an old computer with a Sound Blaster and recorded on that instead, lol

The fixes that Steinberg will tell you to perform don’t work at all by the way, so don’t bother asking support about it…

My experience says the exact opposite.