Audio Engine Process Died crash log

Could you try attaching your crash files again? Make sure you zip them up first.

Dear Daniel,

Here are both the app log and crash dump in a single zip file.

Dear Daniel, it says the file size is too big and that the max is 2 MiB. The crash dump file is almost 60mb and zipped up around 6mb.

Try sending it via email to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de with a link to this thread in the email. Thanks!

Done! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending the log files. Ulf has taken a look and he will consult with some of our colleagues in the audio engine team to try to figure out what is going on. I’m afraid it’s unlikely we’ll have an instantaneous fix or workaround for this problem, but I will provide an update as soon as I can, or Ulf will.

Thanks Daniel! :slight_smile:

I am glad, that I found this thread. I tried to use VST Connect PRO, because it would have been extremely helpful in the current situation. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me because the Internet didn’t seem to be stable enough.
But I couldn’t use Dorico anymore because of the “Audio Engine Process Died”, and I had no Idea why this happened.
I had to erase the “vstconnectpro.bundle” from Library/Application Support/Steinber/Components and everything went back to normal.
Somebody should look into this. I think that at the moment more musicians will be trying out VST Connect Pro than ever and are not aware of this unwanted side effect.