Audio engine waiting for connection/attached to audio engine

Suddenly it is working! Hallelujah… I am now hurrying to get the music out of there and ready for the rehearsal.

You know that you have to have the USB-eLicenser connected all the time while running Dorico?
If you do, then I would try another USB-port as you might have an electric problem there.
Your screenshots suggest that the eLicenser can not be “seen” by the program.

Thank you for your reply.
I have used Dorico for two and a half years, and I have not needed to connect the USB-eLicencer before. Is it something new?

Well, this is weird. Either your license is on your computer soft-eLicenser, or it is located on an USB eLicenser. In the first case, you don’t need to plug anything, but you can use Dorico on that machine only, in the latter case you can use Dorico wherever you want, providing the USB eLicencer is connected all the time to that machine.

Yes, well – then it is strange. I suspect the problem might be related to the update to Mojave 10.14.6. I remember after an earlier update, I also had to puzzle with some licensing. Can it be that the soft licenser started to block the audio engine after the update or something? As you already have understood, I am not exactly a computer engineer, so sorry if things I write makes no sense.

Another thing to try is searching in Activity Monitor for a process called Synsopos and kill it, then try starting Dorico again

Thank you. I tried, but the Synsopos process is not running before I try to open Dorico. Killing it when it started didn’t help.

Now Dorico will not open neither with or without the usb eLicenser connected.

I tried several different things now, and when trying to open Garageband I got a message saying “error initializing coreMidi” and “Midi services not available”. And when I try to open Audio Midi Setup, it hangs when I try to open the window “Show midi studio”. So my problem is obviously not only with Dorico, although that is my only concern…
Even if this is something on my computer only, I still would appreciate very much some advise – since I must finish a big piece the coming weeks.

Sounds like you really stuffed your computer. Don’t know, it’s your computer and your responsibility, but I would reinstall the operating system. Sorry, no further help from my side.

Is it under macOS? Have you tried to create a new user and try to run it from there? If it works, at least you can have your stuff done for the time being.

Just to finish this; It is now working. It was obviously a fault in my computer.
I am sorry that I bothered you with issues that had nothing to do with Dorico.

In case anyone is interested in my solution; reinstalling the operating system didn’t help. Trying another user didn’t help. (But thanks for suggesting!)
I now have deleted my whole HD, downloaded Mojave 10.14.6, downloaded Dorico again, received a re-activation code, and everything seems to be working smoothly.
Thanks again for a great program!

Hello,
I just downloaded Dorico pro 3 and I can’t get it to launch. The first screen either says - ‘Audio Engine waiting for connection’ or ‘Terminating engine process : 3281’

I’ve tried EVERYTHING on this topic in the forum.

I uninstalled e-licenser and downloaded the latest version on Steinberg Website.
I installed the e-licenser latest version and performed a maintenance operation. E-licenser was working properly.
I killed VST Audio Engine and Synsopos using the Activity Monitor.
I restarted the computer several times.
I downloaded Dorico 3 under a different mac user
I have the same error message when I start Dorico and get stuck there.
I have no way to perform a diagnostics for I never pass this error message.

I would love help on getting this issue fixes or at worst a refund as I can’t even get this product to open!!

Welcome to the forum, sashaleger. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having problems getting the program up and running. Are you running a beta version of macOS 10.15 Catalina, by any chance? If so, Dorico is not supported on macOS 10.15 at this point. If not, then perhaps you could go to /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences and zip up the VSTAudioEngine3 folder in there, and attach it here; also, please find the “Dorico 3” folder in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg, and zip up and attach that here as well. We’ll get you up and running!

Sashaleger, not too long ago I had a user who couldn’t get Dorico up and running, and in the end it turned out, that he was using an unusual username on his system. Could that be also the case with you? What is your login name on your computer?

Wow - I can’t believe this thread is still running - I was just checking the forum as I can’t find something under key cmds.
Anyway I did leave using Dorico for a while, and following problems with other programmes as well I ended up swapping my Steinberg UR44 out and plugging in a focusrite scarlett 2i2 instead. Things seem to be working ok now - So it seems the problem was maybe the UR44 - which is annoying as I would much prefer it to using the focusrite.
I can’t imagine everyone having the problem has a UR44 but that is the thing that seemed to work for me.

Please go to this site and download the latest drivers and tools for UR44:

I’m sure you will find that the UR will then work smoothly together with any Steinberg product.

Thanks - I will give it a go when I get a break - loathed to currently change thigs as they are working. When this originally happened I disappeared down the wormhole of different forums and solutions, removing and replacing software, hardware etc for a couple of days and I’m not sure I am currently up for that.

Thinking back one of the possible issues I think that was mentioned was that there is a particular problem between my computer Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) and the UR44 for some reason

Thanks for the help guys… love this Dorico community already!!! I ended up finding a solution to my problem… a pretty drastic one at last but it worked! I backed up the important stuff from the startup disk, wipped the entire hard drive and re-installed the OS along with a reactivated version of Dorico. I must of corrupted some files in the process of trying to fix everything because at one point my DAW wouldn’t open either with a similar audio engine message!
Cheers!

Sasha, out if interest, which operating system are you running on your computer?

Why should I buy into upgrades for Dorico when my present Dorico Elements 2 will not load showing the Audio Engine Waiting flag?
My system: Windows Pro 10, Audio, RME Babyface. I really do not see why I should have to jump through hoops for this app.

No problems with any other Steinberg software inc Cubase Pro 10, WaveLab Pro 9.5, Spectral Layers Pro 6

1 Like

Have you tried some of the steps offered? For starters, Ctrl-Alt-Del and find the VSTAudioEngine and end it manually.