Audio Export Post Processing: Open Export Folder

Hey there, I am looking for the script to open the containing folder after export.
The links to the scripts on the forum are not working anymore. I guess they are pointing to a link from the old forum.

The scripts I found in text form do not work properly unfortunately. So has anyone a working one (for windows)?

Thanks!

This one opens the folder where audioExportDescription.xml is located, so it is of no use

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<AudioExportPostProcess>
   <Description>Open containing folder </Description>
 <Icon>ExplorerFolder.png</Icon>
   <Executable>
       <Path>C:\windows\explorer.exe </Path>
      <Argument>"/select,$PATH"</Argument>
   </Executable>
   <RunOnce>true</RunOnce>
   <WaitDone>false</WaitDone>
</AudioExportPostProcess>

and that one does not work at all.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Open containing folder ExplorerFolder.png C:\windows\explorer.exe "/select,$PATH" false false

I tried to add the “false” arguments to the first script, but they seem to be ignored there.

Yup, give me a few minutes to find it.

Here you go. This is for Windows and was written by @Sagi and me a little while ago.

It contains translations, icon and an exe file to do the opening in your default file selector.

2022-09-09_14-11-50

If you want to have a mess with the xml/aepp feel free but really no need, just read the “instructions.txt” and go ahead.

:slight_smile:

Open Location.zip (631.1 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

So it seems its not possible with just a script, as some people suggested in the past, you need an additional program which reads out the xml files to find the path?

But at the end I don’t really care, it works perfectly!

1 Like

I think you can change the line in the xml file to explorer.exe, something like this:

<Executable>
      <Path>C:\windows\explorer.exe</Path>
      <Argument>"/select,$PATH"</Argument>
</Executable>

In this case, you don’t need the exe we built. This would mean that the opening would be handled by whatever you put there, and it has to be exact. In our version it uses your default file browser, whatever it is, so no need for paths etc.

tbh it was something we did quite a long time ago, so my memory of the reasoning is a little vague.

I tried that already before, but unfortunately it did not work. In that case it always opens a path in Appdata/temp, but not the destiation folder.

But I don’t care tbh, as the program you provided works like a charm :grin:

1 Like

Yes. I think that’s why we included the exe. As we also tried the conventional method.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice thread… interesting.

Got me wondering about something similar, but have it launch the tool I’ve recently found use for called ‘Shutter Encoder’ Shutter Encoder encoding|converting video FREE PC|Mac - much the same as with Sagi’s ER Media Toolkit.

My questions; where do these scripts actually live and secondly, is it a (simple) case of adding a new one to what is there.? My wish is that I could create a new one by editing in the correct paths, to an existing script… crossed_fingers:

Thanks for any clues.

On Windows, these scripts are located under

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts

You can choose the script to execute in the export mixdown window (its in german, but should be clear hopefully):

To add a new one you simply can duplicate an existing one and edit it afterwards with any notepad editor!

1 Like

All this info is in the instructions.txt in the zip file posted above, even if you don’t want to actually use that script. Have a look and see if it makes sense to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah.! Ok, thanks @Phil_Pendlebury I’ll take a look there… And thanks too @Tj99 - it can be as I had hoped…:wink:

Will have a go when back at the machine, later.

If memory serves, I think Phil and I created this little .exe so that all the files you push from Cubando will show in a single file browser window. Also, if the target folder is already open somewhere in the background, it will only bring it into focus instead of opening the same folder in more and more file browser windows/instances.

2 Likes

Many thanks @Tj99 and @Phil_Pendlebury

After a little fiddling, (finally learnt to ‘Save As…’ an *.aepp file instead of a *.txt file from NotePad.!) all advice - plus helpful attachments - got me up and running great. Shutter Encoder launches with the Exported audio loaded as desired. Also, the ‘Open File Location’ script working a treat too. :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent stuff. Could you share your script here so others can analyse. Would be nice. :slight_smile:

Use the </> tag (in the post menu)

2 Likes

Sure - here you go:-

<AudioExportPostProcess>
	<Description>
		<us>Open in Shutter Encoder</us>
	</Description>
	<Icon>ShutterEncoder.png</Icon>
	<Executable>
		<Name>Shutter Encoder</Name>
		<Version>16.2</Version>
		<Path>C:\Program Files\Shutter Encoder\Shutter Encoder.exe</Path>
		<Argument>"$PATH"</Argument>
	</Executable>
	<RunOnce>false</RunOnce>

I had to source an Icon for the app (which took a few attempts to get the right pixel size - I found 32 x 32 a little too big for my taste). Then saved, renamed and inserted necessary/replaced path strings as you see above. All good.!

Icon file placed in the same Root folder.

And once more, if you’re editing in NotePad make sure to ‘Save As…’ with full name including *.aepp file format (use the drop-down for file type to show ‘All Files’ - otherwise you’ll still end up with a *.txt extension).

3 Likes

Great stuff, I am sure other users will find this whole thread very useful now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Even though it has been several months since this thread was active I add a link to my reply to the same question in another thread for future readers.
The offered solution will open the Explorer in the folder chosen for the export. It requires no .exe but a small batch file, which is included in the zip package.

The .aepp file looks like this:

<AudioExportPostProcess>
	<Description>Open in Explorer</Description>
	<Icon></Icon>
	<Executable>
		<Path>C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts\openexplorer.cmd</Path>
		<Argument>"$PATH"</Argument>
	</Executable>
	<RunOnce>false</RunOnce>

…and the batch file consists of this one line:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe %~dp1
2 Likes

Thank you all for this. I missed this feature from Studio One - had no idea this was possible!