Audio Export with Metronome Question

Hi,

This is my first question ever on this forum. I got cubase a few months ago and I’ve been steadily learning how to use it and figured out most of the software so far. I looked through the forum for a similar post, but didn’t see one, I am sorry if I have missed it. (Setup listed in signature)

I’m trying to help a friends band record their demo and I’m trying to export the scratch guitar tracks for their drummer. It’s fairly essential that I get these exported with the click over them. Some of the songs have serious time and tempo changes which I’ve created in the tempo map.

I kind of assumed there would be a button to click when mixing down audio for an export with the click, since that’s one of the most useful things ever… but apparently there is none??

I tried going into the metronome setup and selected a midi playback. The only option I ever get in midi is the “Microsoft GS” instrument. When I play this in my DAW I clearly see it clicking, but I hear no audio. It never mixes down with it either.

Has anyone else gotten this thing to work? I’d really appreciate the help. Can I mix down the audio with this click?

Before anyone a suggests: No, I don’t want to create a drum track in midi. I want to essentially click a button and mix down my audio with the click laid over it for practicing.

Hi,

You cannot send the metronome sound to the export.

Add an Instrument track (Groove Agent SE), and add a MIDI pattern as a click over your song.

Before anyone a suggests: No, I don’t want to create a drum track in midi. I want to essentially click a button and mix down my audio with the click laid over it for practicing.

Like the song says, you can’t always get essentially what you want :slight_smile:
Another option would be to try and find a vst metronome that works for you.