Audio files automatically speed up when added to the project

Hi, i’m trying to mix a project but for some reason since 2 days i can’t ad audio to the project without it speeding up, on the audio files i’m adding there is little note symbol at the top right of it
There is still old tracks i added before that problem that don’t have the symbol

If anybody can help me fixing this it would help me a lot, i’m stuck since 2 days on that pb …

Your audio event has musical mode activated.

You can change this from the info-line with the audio event selected, or in the pool from the checkbox next to the corresponding file.

2 Likes

this shoudn’t be default behaviour, it’s plain silly. I’m working on a sample, I don’t need any pitch shifting, stretching or anything. I export the sample to do some external processing, when I drag it back into the project it’s pitch shifted… but the tempo was already set exactly to the original sample? Theres nothing else in ther project, it’s basically empty and I’ve made no settings. Switching the track mode doesn’t shift it back… re-dragging doesn’t switch it back after switching mode. I don’t even understand the logic behind it, it automatically decided that my loop was a different speed but doesn’t ask for confirmation? It’s not intuituve.

Edit, ok the reason, as also reported from other users, it’s because the samples were converted from 48 → 44 in offline processing. But when dragging in directly ( not from the pool ) there is no confirmation and the pitch is shifted. This is a bug!