Audio issue in Cubase only

Recently, Cubase 8.5 has been having audio issues which get worse the longer I’m in Cubase. I use a Scarlett Solo audio interface with my PC for all audio. When going through VST connections, the outputs used to say “scarlett solo audio interface 1 +2,” but now they just say “output 1, output 2.”
After I start up Cubase I get a few playbacks of my track with intermittent clicks and pops, and then eventually I only hear clicks and pops every three or four seconds, surrounded by silence. In the transport panel, the vertical average audio processing load bar spikes up to max every few seconds. I disabled ASIO Guard and now the spiking is gone but the clicking remains, consistently, every two seconds. Unchecking multi processing “fixes” the issue, but is not a real solution

I have no audio issues whatsoever with any other program on my PC. I’ve tried reinstalling Cubase, reverting to an earlier Windows version, reinstalling audio drivers. I downloaded LatencyMon and it has found no issues.

Help! Thanks.

MSI B550 Gaming Edge
Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3070
16gb 3600mhz

1 Like

Hi,

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?

I could be wrong but the symptoms sound like Cubase is using ASIO4ALL or a generic ASIO driver instead of the correct driver. Can you see what is selected in the VST Audio system in Devices > Device Setup?

Can you select the Scarlett from a drop down there? Do you have the latest supported driver for your Windows version for the Scarlett installed?
https://focusrite.com/en/news/driver-update

Is it also possible an older driver worked and newer one doesn’t? That’s woth considering too if you are using older gear/software…

Oh, you know what, that worked. When I tried to troubleshoot this issue a few weeks ago I did make sure the Focusrite drivers were up to date yet I still had the issue. Just downloaded the most recent drivers and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!

Edit: and yes, I did have the Focusrite driver selected in the drop-down menu.

1 Like

New drivers seem to have fixed the problem, but here’s the screenshot anyway. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

Hey that’s great news!