Audio Issues - Generic Low Latency Asio

I am having trouble accessing my audio outputs on Cubase 12, using Generic Low Latency Asio, they just don’t appear. Is there any way to fix this? Or to add a digital output so I can route that to my headset?

I would use ASIO4ALL but the latency is too high. I tried lowering it with no luck, is there anything I can do that would help with that too?

Thanks in advance.

Just donate a cup of whiskey to the vodoo god…

Seriously, how about you telling us which OS you use, which audio interface, the exact Cubase version number, which latency you have now with ASIO4ALL, which latency do you expect to get, and so on.

1 Like

If you can’t get low latency with asio4all then you won’t get it with the generic asio driver. I take it you’re not using an audio interface then but just the onboard audio? Asio4all is the best option and probably the only option on a PC using the onboard audio.

@Johnny_Moneto @mkok

I use currently Windows 10. Cubase 12. I get 77ms delay on ASIO4ALL and only 22ms delay on Generic Low latency Asio, which is why I drastically prefer the Generic one. But I heard from others that ASIO4ALL should be about equal to the Generic one.

Also, I do not have an audio interface, would that help delay? Sorry I am fairly new to this stuff

Most who take it seriously will use a dedicated audio interface. It just seems in the last couple of years more are using the onboard audio as they are not recording any instruments or vocals. If you do record anything then an audio interface is essential.

Are you sure you have set asio4all up correctly as you should be able to get buffers lower than generic driver giving you lower latency, I managed to get about 10ms on my sons laptop which is about 4 years old now.

So you are using your on-board audio chip, possibly a Realtek.

Change the latency in the control panel of ASIO4ALL here:
grafik

Your one-way latency equals the set number divided by the sample rate.
In my case 256 / 48000 = 0.0053 sec = 5.3 ms

Sample rate is adjusted through Windows on your sound chip driver properties (device manager).