Audio Level

OK…so its been pretty rough for me with my new MR816csx

First of all…I can not get my insert point to send audio to any of my rack gear? Any suggestions?

I keep getting an error(when ever I start a session) that the Insert point is not able to work due to system resources…??huh???

Second problem I am having…seems to be a very low level…Recording into PT11 shows a signal way below -60… and its hard to hear it—till I Max out the gain settings on the input pre, the daw, and the master fader…

I only have figured this out because, when I play other sessions, the volume is ten times hotter than my super quiet settings…I am having problems and I need help to figure it out…Please…any suggestions will help…

Anybody?

Ok…so I am just seeing a level that is way too low… -60 input? way too low…I was expecting with gain at 50% to be closer to -40…which should be my low end of my gain…Right now…Im getting -60 with full gain at 95%…

ALSO the analog insert point is not working inless I connect my patch cord across the insert point…completing the connection…

any thoughts guys??

I don’t do this anymore, but try running the MReditor program and see if the levels are setup correctly there.

In order for me to use PT11, the MReditor has to be open. Last night, I un-installed and then re-installed the MReditor on my mac. It will not play sound. The DAW meter is showing signal in the MReditor window, but no sound is coming out of the interface.

Re-checked connections, nothing has changed in 48 hours in my stuidio. Checked in AudioMidi setup in utilities and have the Steinberg FW driver selected, but still no sound…

If you’re seeing levels moving in your DAW, something at the input stage is working. If your direct monitor button is/is not activated and thus hearing the sound coming through, then check all your output parameters in MR Editor and PT. Make sure whatever specific track you’re monitoring is routed to the proper output.

Also, go into VST connections and check your output pararmeters. Just for a test, don’t use any “output” connections at all and just go into the “Studio” tab for “Headphones” and activate. Plug some cans into the unit and turn it up. Make sure the master is up. Again, just for testing purposes.

Forgive me if you already mentioned this - when you’re not running PT and just using the MR standalone, or using the MR Editor, do you get proper / expected operation?

This may sound like basic information, and if you’re past that at this point and I’m just repeating something you already did, no problem. Just taking a few steps back and starting over systematically, just might generate some luck. Good luck.

THANKS…for your help guys. After re-installing for a second time, everything is back to normal for my Pro Tools sessions. I can not get my Cubase 5AI to work with the routing. Insert point and any of the inputs/outputs do not seem to work… Can not get sound out of Cubase…still checking a couple things via the software out…

Probablly going to be upgrading soon to 7 since 5 is so old. Hope that clears up the issues…

The Rev X reverbs sound so good…I am excited to use them in cubase…Wish I could use them in PT11 on my regular channels

It’s odd that you can’t run the Rev X into the PT channels and where you’re running MR Editor at the same time. I don’t have PT, so I can’t confirm it. But with RevX generated in the MR itself, you should be able to turn it up on the unit and send it out to PT. I could be wrong on that.

Yeahy the manual for MR816x/csx explains its a VST plugin that you can insert via monitor/insert on a channel in Cubase only…Wish it worked as insert into PT, but it does not…

I confirmed this for sure last night in a session…

Now if I could only get Cubase to actually work on my MAC…