audio mixdown with tail

Is there a way to automatically detect the reverb/delay tail when doing audio mixdown? This is a super beneficial feature of Logic that I can’t find in Cubase 8/8.5.

In addition, it would be very very helpful if the tail option is available when using “render in place”. When making stems or exporting sfx that have reverb/delay, it’s very time consuming to listen to each event (of which there could be dozens or hundreds) to decide where the tail ends.

you can specify an appropriate “tail size” to capture fx in pro version, set it long enough to cover any length
a quick search for “tail” in the Operation Manual resulted in several references to working with tails

Unfortunately, manually setting the tail is not always helpful. Frankly, it’s easier to drag the locator than it is to arbitrarily set it for 2,3,4 bars etc. But when exporting a ton of events, it’s too time consuming to audition the tail of every single event. There is nothing in the manual about automatically detecting the tail.

im assuming if you set the tail length long enough to capture all possible tails in the project it will ONLY capture those tails when it DETECTS them. again this is only an assumption on my part the only way to know is to try it i think. i saw nothing either about “auto detect”.

cheers

m assuming if you set the tail length long enough to capture all possible tails in the project it will ONLY capture those tails when it DETECTS them.

I’m afraid it just adds the amount you set regardless of what is or isn’t required.

While it would be a nice feature to have, it should be fairly easy to set a fixed tail that is long enough and then use a “detect silence” to remove any silent part.
Make a feature request, and maybe it will be implemented at some point.

When exporting several hundred stems or sfx events, manually setting locators not only exponentially adds to the time spent exporting, but you also have to somehow capture the whole tail, without the locators/tail carrying over into the next event on the same track.

Having to re-import audio and detect silence is another thing altogether. Adding FR.

Maybe it’s possible to create a macro that automatically sets the right locator a defined number of bars to the right before exporting…

Sorry for bumping this old thread!

I just came to this question while I’m learning Cubase.
So is it possible to set an option for automatically render the tail with mixdown right now?
If not - no problem - then I have to change the marker range for that before I guess.
Seems this is described here: