Audio playback speed is too fast

Hi.

I am new to cubase. I have figured out how to record a guitar piece but when I listen back it is extremely fast, ie a 15 second piece plays back in 2 seconds!! I am happy with the audio buffer settings and have tried adjusting the tempo but nothing changed. Urgent help required please.

Thanks

It is likely because you are importing a file with a different sample rate. Go to pool check the clock and change accordingly

It also happens to me when my interface fails to change the sample rate as asked by the project. Then I go to Project settings dialog and see in yellow “Unsupported sample rate”. Then I choose the right sample rate.

Try this: reboot computer start Cubase and new project and try to recreate what you are doing,. It sounds as if you have more than one application using audio at once, or you didn’t import the audio. Both those things can cause audio to playback at a different sample rate.
Other than that, we need screenshot of Project settings and Audio Pool I think.

Hi
I nearly fell into this trap.
I updated a few things and the latest update to Cubase and then found out my songs (multi-tracked) were going a little faster and i could not understand it.
I tried the time stretch method in musical mode and got more frustrated .
Thankfully the suggestion to check the khz was spot on .
I found out that somehow i was in 48 khz mode .
Put it back to 44khz and all was back to normal
Up to now the new update has solved my Neutron 4 . Not crashing anymore.
Things seem to be a little faster as well.
We all win some and lose some!!

All the Best
John