Audio Pool - Add functionality to split stereo files into separate left & right mono files

It would be nice if Steinberg would add functionality into the audio pool that gives users the ability to split stereo audio files into separate left and right channel mono audio files from within the audio pool.

There are instances where users might like to audition the differences between a mono mixdown or split left and right channel mono. Sometimes the phase results in mono mixdown are undesirable for the task at hand, where as better results might be obtainable through splitting the left and right channels separately.

Having to split stereo files into separate left and right channel mono files continuously through the export process feels cumbersome.

I don’t think you can do this in the pool but it is possible in the arrange window, but of course you have to drag the file on a track before.
Not exactly sure what you’re trying to achieve here, but if you have the audio already in the project, it would probably be easier to just hit the mono switch in control room for mono checking or move the panner to left or right to check each channel in a stereo track.

The context is mainly in regards to sound design, audio file manipulation and mixing.

For example, say that you found any kind of audio sample that you like but it has some kind of weird panning or stereo processing on it that you don’t like, where one of either the left or right channel sounds better than the other one and you would prefer to extract that channel to work with. These are the kind of instances where splitting a stereo file into separate left and right channel mono files is desired.

A mono mixdown doesn’t always have the desired outcome because the phase results of the mixdown can produce un-desirable results such as a thinner sound, a boomy sound, or lose clarity in general etc.

In the time being I have discovered a function in the menu bar under the “Project” tab → “Convert Tracks” sub menu that is named “Multi-Channel to Mono”. This function will split the stereo file into separate left and right channel mono files in the way that I want, but it does not offer a mono mixdown function.
I would just like to see some more coherent functionality across the Cubase application for stereo / mono handling in regards to having the ability to do both a stereo → mono mixdown and stereo → split separate left and right channel mono. I am constantly using the “find file in audio pool” function and I would like to have the ability to split stereo files into separate left and right channel mono files from within the audio pool itself for workflow and quality of life improvements.

I hope that clarified a little bit for you.