Audio sounds through only the left channel

Now I followed the tipps in your linked thread but without success. The Problem still exists.

Solved at this way:

1. Searched for C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Asio\asioglldsetup.exe and executed it
    (maybe this step isn’ neccessary)
  2. Started Dorico and the project with the missing right channel
  3. Opened the configuration and reloadet the ASIO driver (see picture):

Repeat this procedure for every project that has audio output only on the left channel (or on one channel)

((Thank you Ulf for your help))

Hi @Ulf - I’m hoping you or someone can help me!

Whenever I use my Bluetooth headphones they always play out of one speaker, and recently my computer, stereo and wired headphones also play out of one speaker. This never used to happen. It’s incredibly frustrating! I use a Mac and am on Dorico 3.5.

I know nothing about drivers, and ASIO and all that - I bought Dorico around 2 years ago, love it and use NotePerformer - it sounds great when it works, but am very much not ‘techie’

Hope you can help!
Matt

Hi @MattLeach, sure I can help. Since you are on Dorico 3.5 your’s is a different issue than discussed in this thread, but that does not matter.
First of all, does it happen with any project with you or only certain ones? And what if you create a new project from scratch, does it also happen?
Please note that until Tuesday next week I have limited access and will be offline most of the time. So please excuse if I don’t answer in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience.

That’s great - thank you!

It happens with all projects even from scratch. No problem at all - just looking forward to it working again!!

Matt

Hi @MattLeach, in the meantime, could you please load a project and then do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.3 MB)
Hi @Ulf, I have attached the zip file

Hi @MattLeach, I had a first peek into the data and I know now what is going wrong on your end, but I have no idea yet of how you could fix it yourself. I need to think about it and will come back here. Thank you for your patience.

That’s great @Ulf - hope to hear a potential fix soon!

Hi @MattLeach, please try the following : Create a new, aggregated audio device (see this posting of how to do that. Though counterintuitive, let participate in that device only your built-in audio device. Then load a project, go to Edit > Device Setup and choose the aggregated device as ASIO driver. Is dound coming out properly then? If so, what is happening if you switch back to Built - in Audio?

P. S. : You are still on Dorico 3.5.10, but there is a free update to 3.5.12 available for you

On the Aggregated Audio it plays out of both speakers, but when I go back to Built In Audio it only plays out the left speaker.

Then do the following please: Choose the aggregated device and quit Dorico. Then go to ~/Library/Preferences/Dorico 3.5 AudioEngine and delete the file PortSetup.xml. If you then start up Dorico again and choose the built-in device, how does it react then?

There is no Dorico 3.5 under preferences in my Mac’s Library/Preferences?

You are looking at the wrong Library.
In Finder select the Go menu and find the user library there.
It’s hidden by default.

Jesper

Cmd-Shift-L

Thank you so much!! Found and deleted. It still plays out of the left speaker when using Built in Audio and/ or the aggregate device.

Matt

Hm, before you said it was fine with at least the aggregated device. Now it is not anymore?
Btw, can we maybe have a remote screen sharing session via e.g. Zoom?