So I am experiencing a slightly odd issue when it comes to playback within Cubase.
If I move the project cursor to a random position in my project and press play, I do not experience any issues. However, if I move the project cursor to a different point in the song during playback, a few seconds of messy lag/ stuttering ensues (as though the audio is trying to catch up to the sudden change).
I should add that if I pause the song, move the project cursor to another position and then press play, no issue occurs.
A few things I have noticed:
- This behaviour is consistent cross multiple projects.
- Even if I important a single audio track, this lag still occurs (albeit less noticeably).
- Changing the buffer size and sample rate has no impact.
- As a side-note, there are no plugins on any of the tracks.
- Cubase 9.5 Pro
- Windows 10
- Audio interface: Scarlett 2i2
- Using Steinberg Audio Power Scheme
Any help is greatly appreciated. Happy to provide more information if needed.