Audiobus/Cubasis sequencers not working

Hello
I am trying to route a synth app through Gatelab and Filterstep which both provide some movement to the drone sound from the synth. However when i try to record these in Cubasis, neither works and i just get the dry synth sound. I have had this on occasion with other apps where a sequencer won’t operate once cubasis is open. I know i can add gatelab and Filterstep as effects within cubasis itself, however as I want to change their parameters in real time while I record that is not really an option. Any solutions for a non-tech minded person who is used to cassette 4 track recording?

Hi @Bounce,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Could it work to use the mentioned plug-ins in Cubasis via Audio Unit?

Please find the AU workflows demonstrated in our “Getting started with Cubasis tutorial” (which comes with chapter markers):

In addtion, Cubasis support the use of MIDI AU plug-ins as well.

To our knowledge there should be no issues to use Cubasis alongside with Audiobus.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars, thank you very much for your kind welcome and reply.
I will check out your suggestions and watch the instruction this weekend.
At this momenf I don’t see how it can help with the problem, but thats for sure on the account of me being a newbe in Cubasis”land”:wink:

With kind regards!

Hi @Bounce,

Thanks for your reply.

As mentioned above, there should be no issues when using Audiobus as well.
If you want to stick with this road, you may check with the 3rd party app vendors too.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Maybe there is some misunderstanding in our communication🙈….
I do not any 3rd party apps or inserts at all. Just cubasis.
Therefor there happens to be no info in the instruction movie in your link that helped me. My problem seems to be directly related to my audio interface. But there is no further info that helps me at all.

Anyhow… thank you very much for your kind attempt to help out😉

With kind regards
Bounce

Hi @Bounce,

Sorry for the confusion, I was under the impression you are the original poster (who had issues using Gatelab and Filterstep).

If you encounter issues it might make sense to create your own topic in the forum.

Best,
Lars