Audition/monitor real time audio export?

Hi,

I’m just getting a ‘b’ system going on Mac (mac mini / UAD apollo) - I’ve been using Nuendo on PC since version 1.

I’m missing Tape it from Silverspike strapped across my output bus which I’ve used for realtime audio mix downs when running mixes. I like to hear what’s going down. There doesn’t seem to be an equivalent in Mac world for Tape it(?) - had a good look around.

Looking for alternatives I tried the realtime audio export option (N5.5.5) which comes up with an audition option but the slider / fader appears to be missing(?) Anybody know any way to monitor audio output when using realtime export? Any other solutions used?

With thanks,

Mark

You are using the “Studio”-option (a.k.a. Control Room) in your VST Connections, aren’t you?

Ah. No. I’m using the UA Apollo mixer - control room switched off.

I highly recommend using control room.

With control room switched on I can now monitor daw output in realtime audio mix down - great - but monitor seems to be doubled up with apollo monitor output. Not sure how I should have this set up…

When using Control Room, the outputs (VST connections) should be set to “not connected”.
Otherwise you’ll send the same signal twice to your outputs.

Fredo

Great - many thanks - all good now:)

Fredo is right, of course - but I think one should explain why this has to be done:

In the “old” days of mixing consoles, we had a master out and an independent monitor out. The master out was connected to the master recorder (1/2 inch tape, anyone? :wink: …), the monitor out to the speakers (and nothing else).

This setup would be possible perfectly with Nuendo, too - but as most of us are using the main out for monitoring reasons only (especially when mixing ITB), this seemingly “wrong” double routing occurs.

Kind regards,