Auto-break at rehearsal marks?

(Dorico 3)

I’m mainly arranging pop tunes, which largely suit having 4 bars per system. I also want a system break at every rehearsal mark. If I set “fixed number of bars to 4 bars”, but the phrase actually has 5 bars, then it will make the 5th bar one system wide, which is hard to read. In this case I would like to put all 5 bars on one system.

Is there a way of setting maximum bars per system to, say, 6, and on top of that setting a rule so that if there is a rehearsal mark then a system break occurs? Also, is there a way that, for example, if there are a lot of semi/demisemiquavers in a passage, that there will be a system break earlier on, in order to make it all more readable?

At the moment a lot of my time is taken up going through each part and manually adding system breaks at rehearsal marks, or creating 5 or 6 bar systems. I just wondered if I’m missing an easier way of doing this.

Thanks
Seb

At present, there is no way to automate system breaks at rehearsal marks.

Ok thanks for the response. I think I answered my own question anyway! It would be a great feature to have in the future.

Regarding whatever-short-note-that-is… if you have a lot of them, Dorico has an excellent note spacing algorithm. Check the values for shorter notes at Layout Options–Note Spacing.

Hi there!

Rising this post from the grave: is such a thing possible yet?
Writing a lot of lead sheets these days, but can’t find a setting for it yet.

Thanks!

There’s no setting for this currently.