"auto save master section preset" does not work

I installed 8.0.2 Build 678 and “auto save master section preset” in the Audio Montage Preferences does not work, and it also does not save when the box is checked. So I cannot save the Master Section that I use with a Montage - open the Montage again and the Master Section does not update. Go back in the Audio Montage Preferences and the box is unchecked.

Has anyone seen this issue?

This works, but:

1. This setting is per montage, not global.
  2. Simply opening and closing a montage, does not auto-save the Master Section. The montage needs to be saved explicitly (either withy “Save” because it was modified, or “Save as”).
  3. When opening the montage, you need to explicitly load the auto-save Master Section.

Maybe you should consider the new Master Plugin section of the Montage, that save/load automatically, because part of each montage.
2013-07-29_08-30-03.png

<<3) When opening the montage, you need to explicitly load the auto-save Master Section.>>

Thanks for your reply. I guess I’m just not getting what you mean by the above comment.

<<Maybe you should consider the new Master Plugin section of the Montage, that save/load automatically, because part of each montage.>>

For my workflow this is not ideal for what I am trying to do. Thanks anyway, I was aware of this but will only use this for clips.

I’ve attached a png of the preset screen I am referring to. “Auto save Master Section preset” does not work. When I open the saved Montage the Master Section preset does not load.

I personally never trusted the auto-save feature. I think what PG is trying to say is that even if you use the auto-save option, you still have to manually reload the master section when you reopen the montage or return to it. Think of the montage and the master section as two separate things unlike the way it is in most other DAWs.

This was one of the hardest things for me to get used to when I started using Wavelab (when WL7 came out). After I awhile I got used to manually saving and loading the master section for each montage, but it’s a huge relief to have the new montage master that is embedded in the montage and doesn’t require any extra work or memory to save or load.

I still have certain workflows where it would be nice to have a master section plugin chain in the main original master section, and keep creating new montages without having to reload the plugins, but I’ve gotten fast at saving and loading presets into the new montage master when working in this way so it’s not a huge slow down to me.

Thanks. I guess maybe I will try using the Master preset at the Clip level. At least then I don’t have to save a Master Section preset for every song I am adding effects to. Not sure why they have that Auto save checkbox when it doesn’t even work.

Thanks. I guess maybe I will try using the Master preset at the Clip level.

At the Montage output stage, you should say (I displayed on my previous picture).

At least then I don’t have to save a Master Section preset for every song I am adding effects to. Not sure why they have that Auto save checkbox when it doesn’t even work.

It works, but as Jperkinski says, “even if you use the auto-save option, you still have to manually reload the master section when you reopen the montage or return to it”.

Philippe