Auto Split Metadata retention

Hi,

It’s been a while since I posted.
I want to split BWF files at markers with all the BWF metadata retained, except to update the ‘Time Reference’ to reflect where it came from in the source file. Is this possible?
An added bonus would be to append the Coding History as well.

A bit of background, this is for archival digitisation where we have two or more interviews recorded on a single tape. I want to be able to capture the tape in a single pass with all relevant metadata, then (split with sample accuracy) to separate the interviews.

Regards,
Damien

I want to split BWF files at markers with all the BWF metadata retained, except to update the ‘Time Reference’ to reflect where it came from in the source file. Is this possible?
An added bonus would be to append the Coding History as well.

It is possible to add a BWF time stamp in the splitted file, but the original meta data is not retained.

I want to be able to capture the tape in a single pass with all relevant metadata

How do you get metadata from a tape?

As I capture a tape (or disc), I use metadata profile templates, then edit carrier or transfer specific metadata upon completion of the recording.
E.g., a particular tape machine will have a metadata profile that populates the Coding History, as in this template example

A=ANALOGUE, M=stereo, T=TASCAM 122MKIII; SN60737; 1 7/8ips; COMPACT CASSETTE
A=PCM, F=@SampleRate@, W=@NumBits@, M=stereo, T=RME ADI8QS; SN23687479
A=PCM, F=@SampleRate@, W=@NumBits@, M=stereo, T=RME HDSPe AES; SN23680093
A=PCM, F=@SampleRate@, W=@NumBits@, M=stereo, T=@WaveLabAndVersion@

As well as some RIFF, UMID etc… defaults.

I note your suggestion about the auto split. But I can’t say when this could be done.

Thanks Phillipe.