Automatic brightness change / blinking

Hi,

anyone issuing an automatic brightness change (like blinking) while cubase 10.5 is open? It seems it disturbs something in the graphics, just started to do this with mozilla firefox open and now it always does it. Tried to disable any kind of automatic brightness on Graphic Card, Windows, everywhere, in regedit as well, but luminosity still blinks.

Hi and welcome,

What graphic card do you use, please?

Thanks for your reply.
It’s a Ge FORCE GT 745 M

Hi,

If you use NVIDIA, please try this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settins.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

I’ll try, I did the complete install o NVIDIA (including all the side features) and this finally leaded to Cubase 10.5 not loading anymore (only 10.5.12, the 10.0.4 version was working without problems), and a general performance loss on the whole pc, so I had to perform a system restore, now 10.5 opens but it still making that brightness blinking.
Will try to re-upgrade the driver only and will let you know, many thanks for your inputs!

It seems to work without blinking doing what you said, many thanks Martin!

No, it started again blinking. It seems to blink more with FIREFOX open.

Hi,

Wasn’t there any (system) update during these 3 days (maybe a hidden one)?

Last one was April 3

AS well noticing Cubase graphics going crazy, in particular on the “Connection” windows, after I touch any of the color themes or transparency settings in the “preference” windows. In the “Connections” window it starts giving strange colors (like black background, white chrachters on white background for the various upper sections titles (control room, outputs, inputs).
This only happens on 10.5, while 10 still working perfect. Tried as well to transfer the user profiles, nothing changed.

I am also having this strange behavior and eagerly awaiting a fix.

are you still having it?

absolutely, I even did a fresh windows 10 format, same exact issue, even before I installed my gpu drivers, it’s constant and completely unusable.

Did you contact the Steinberg assistance?

Still here with .20 update, not blinking but strange color combinations on “connections” window (black on black) while cubase 10 still working perfect.