Automatic splitting of eight notes

Почему программа автоматически не разбивает вязки, если часть нот находится под лигой, а другая часть за пределами лиги? Лиги вводились во время набора нот через указание клавишами начала и конца лиги. В конкретном случае вводил партитуру со свободным размером такта, если конечно, это имеет значение.

Почему программа автоматически не разбивает вязки при вводе лирики на складах?

=====================

Why does not the program automatically break up the matings if part of the notes are under the league and the other part is outside the league? The leagues were introduced during the set of notes through the indication of the start and end keys of the league. In a particular case, I entered the score with the free size of the measure, if of course it matters.

Why does not the program automatically break up the mating when entering lyrics in warehouses?

We really need someone who speaks both Russian and English here. Google Translate has completely failed here.

Немного скорректировал текст перевода. Теперь должно быть более понятно.

Почему программа автоматически не разбивает вязки, если часть нот находится под лигой (Slur), а другая часть за пределами лиги (Slur)? Лиги (Slur) вводились во время набора нот через указание клавишами начала и конца лиги (Slur). В конкретном случае вводил партитуру со свободным размером такта, если конечно, это имеет значение.

Добавлю несколько рисунков для наглядности.

Почему программа автоматически не разбивает вязки при вводе лирики на слогах?

==========================================

Few corrected the text of the translation. Now it should be more clear.

Why does not the program automatically break up the beam if part of the notes are under the Slur and the other part outside the Slur? Slur was introduced during the set of notes through the indication of the start and end keys of the Slur. In a particular case, I entered the score with the free size of the measure, if of course it matters.

Why does not the program automatically break beam when typing lyrics on syllables?

Because it’s old-fashioned and is no longer recommended. Also, it only applies to vocal music, not instrumental music.

To quote Elaine Gould’s “Behind Bars”:
“Until well into the twentieth century, a separate tail was used for each syllable in vocal music, and notes within a beat were beamed only to indicate that a syllable took more than one note. In syllabic setting, this notation makes all but the simplest rhythms difficult to read, a problem compounded by the fact that text underlay often distorts note-spacing. Instrumental beaming (i.e. beaming into beats) is now used in vocal music together with syllabic slurs.”

Agreed on all points. As a choral musician, I particularly hate this. (Though it can occasionally be useful, e.g. when setting long melismas in unmetered music, such as plainchant.)

However, it is a long-established convention, no matter how archaic and impractical. There are plenty of other widespread conventions that Dorico supports with baked-in options nonetheless.

The question, I guess, is whether it’s worth the effort to have Dorico automatically support this, when it (a) is deprecated and (b) can be done manually anyway.

This is the real question we should all be asking.

I was so tempted to post a gif of, say, two randy wombats; and then a pic of a football match, a pic of a warehouse and a massive WTF question mark.

For some reason my better judgement got in the way…

Shame!
(for what it’s worth, “randy wombat” is an anagram of my name, and nothing more sinister than that!)