Automation, documentation and stability

Hey folks, I appreciate very much the devs being active here, and i want this program to work so bad! that is why I am making this post, just to make you aware of some issues. You need some more step by step video instruction as part of your documentation. Took me a long time to figure out automation and still cant really make it work. Would really love to use it, but the program crashes on close, and crashed a few times on me when working with automation. My use case is automating vocal effects, I can figure oout how to turn on a delay, but it wont turn it off again. I think tutorials would go along way to even be able to tell if the program is stable or not. RIght now I cant tell if Im just flailing away and doing stupid stuff that makes it crash lol.

1 Like

Hi! What version u use when experiencing such crashes?

Version 2.0.20.140

Can u just try with the Friday’s update, posted here “v2.0.23”?

I support the request for “tutorial videos” (please no more marketing videos) but real tutorials that explain as briefly as possible how certain configurations can be carried out.

VL offers many very useful functions, but it is often very time-consuming to find out how/in what order configurations have to be carried out in order to configure a certain solution. Users could also help other users here.
Perhaps requests for tutorials could be collected via a list here in the forum and if any of the users can offer a solution, they can then create a video tutorial or a description of the configuration.

Didn’t we a lot?

Absolutely! And that’s a good thing. I use it here for myself again and again and am grateful for any help!

But many of these suggested solutions and (mini) tutorials disappear in the conversations between error messages and feature requests and are difficult to find. Questions are therefore often asked repeatedly.

It would be less time-consuming if these problem solutions, help and tutorials were clearly structured in a thread (ideally also by topic). This can be achieved using internal links.

You most certainly did, and we’re very greatful for that.
There have been a lot of advice and help already on this forum, maybe it could be comprised in one thread. Unfortunately, we have too much on our list to provide such.

Obviously, written before read Detgyvers reply :slight_smile: