Automation Edit

Today has been my first full day editing in 5.5.1, and this has added at least half-an-hour to my day, maybe an hour, and a lot of frustration, zooming in and out, hunting up and down the project for nodes. I will be going back to v5, and would do so immediately were it not for the alarming “corrupt or missing data” warning when I open this project in v5.

Please, I am working on forensic editing, and I absolutely need to see the automation nodes when I zoom out. I cannot work with this ridiculous, frustrating, unnecessary change.

If there is a preference setting to kill it, that I have missed, please let me know!

Thanks…

Yes… Very booring, needs to be changed!

Of course I see the idea behind that… Quite a “good” idea in some way though:

In my case I often like to just make a certain track louder for one song (when having more than one in the project) - lets say the kickdrum. Here I usually have zoom levels were the points are invisible. Have to zoom in at the beginning, select, zoom out, scroll to the end, zoom in, select while holding shift, zoom out - now I can trim.

Good idea in some way (makes the overall project clean when zoomed out - but like with all other new “enhancements” of this version - the “idea-people” are most likely no pro-user… They needs to listen to the beta-testers AND/OR the users (here in the forum).

I love a lot of the new features… I have to say that because currently I am only bitching around here because I am upset with the bad things… But they can ruin all the pleasure you can have with the new features.

+1 for changing that back.

Hello - any ideas from Steinberg as to if/when this issue might be addressed?

I am currently back working in N5, which I find far more user-friendly, graphically, than 5.5.

Thanks!

This appears to be fixed in 5.5.2. Hurrah!