automation lane for pitch bend ?

[quote=“JMCecil”] Cubase chooses to continue to show you automation that is MIDI resolution driven. Which is correct IMO.

[quote]
100% nailed it with that statement

JMCecil, I said above there are two ways to do it, one is to play with midi pitch, which is another p.i.t.a. because there are no handles for easy editing/tweaking. This is pitch bend via CC, exactly. You can do it, yes, I said that. But is is a mess of vertical lines, no lines/curves, no handles. Only line/parabola/etc tool. It is doable, but it is p.i.t.a.
I don’t know if you ever micro edited pitch on dubstep bass lines in Massive. I did, so I say with CC in Cubase it is p.i.t.a., and I rather use portamento and automate Glide Time in Massive.
So, again, it is doable with CC in cubase, but it is not as elegant as it could be if it was available through automation, like as it is in Live, for example.
Nobody says automating Massive pitch cannot be done via CC. It can be done, yes. Only that it is stiff, and Cubase could provide a better alternative way to do it. Nobody says CC editing of pitch should be removed or something. Let it stay as it is and let those who want use it as they like.

this is a workaround: insert a transformer midi insert plugin on the midi channel, and draw your pitchbend into an automation track in the arrange (choose an arbitrary CC number not used by other parameters). Now, in the Transformer, have this CC’s data convert to pitchbend data in realtime. Here you have it, universal pitchbend controlled from within the arrange. the resolution sucks though. SB, fix up ffs.

here’s a screenshot to better illustrate that.

this way i can automate the pitchbend in the arrange, easier to tweak synths etc. but the responsiveness seems not as sharp.

i don’t know how one software combines a ‘dj eq vst’, back2back with the need to write a logical editor macro to do something as basic as editing your pitchbend in the arrange.

Nice! :sunglasses:

2019 - Cubase still doesn’t have MIDI pitch control automation lane, lol

I’ve made a video for this case cuz there is a pitfall. You can not paste CC nuber in the first line into Value1 at first.