Hello. First post - and what a way to start!

Every friggen image (size/format) I offered up for for an avatar was rejected. :imp: Please - someone save me further time and frustration:

What are the required specs for the goddam avartar image!? :smiling_imp:

hello, Ian ā€¦ from New Zeeland ā€¦ youā€™re late! :mrgreen:
100x100px
max 50kb
there was a post on the old forum that I happened to see ā€¦

Ta. :smiley: And my next questionā€¦ where is my profile so I can go back and edit it? And why isnā€™t part of the user Control Panel?

vic_france ask your question there in the topic by yours truly called ā€œthe Big Bangā€.

But I canā€™t click on links in here without coming to a login page where Iā€™m not logged in anymore, so I log in again and wind up at the board index and have no clue to where I am. See if you have any better luck?

[edit]

Whoooah! Now it worked! :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

I was poking around with the cookies in Firefox ā€¦ maybe it helped after all.

Ok, how did you do that? I just get sent back to the login screenā€¦ :unamused:

No further questions!
i.e. I have no f_u_cking clue! :mrgreen:

[edit some more]

Iā€™m not THAT impressed with phpBB3 ā€¦ or the handling ā€¦ :unamused:

:confused:

but you can navigate manually to ā€œthe Big Bangā€ topic ā€¦ once.

altough they have to do something about this login routines or it will drive everybody nuts.

Iā€™m also having similar issues, made a sig ( from my old account ) and it didnā€™t work, tried to go back to edit my profile and promptly got lost, guess weā€™ll have to get used to navigating around as some things donā€™t make sense ( to me ) :imp:

Iā€™ll try the sig & Avatar thing later :unamused:

Well, I figured it out. It seems you have to go back to the MySteinberg to edit your profile details. :neutral_face:

Hi Sherz!

Glad to see you got your Avatar sorted. I like most of what I see about this new forumā€¦ except the weird pear shaped smileysā€¦ Plus thereā€™s not enough of them. Leave it to me to gripe about really small trivial stuff. :wink:

Looks like we all are going to jump this little hurdle, part of the start up fun :mrgreen:

Weā€™ll get there. :slight_smile: Meanwhile, yeahā€¦ I agree the emoticons style and selection are a tad tragic :neutral_face:

max 50kb

Indeed, the maximum is twice as that size: 100 KB!
If you can handle it :wink:

In addition, the allowed formats:
jpeg, jpg, gif and png

Greetz
Nino

ā€¦and as Ian and ā€œSplitā€ demonstrated, animated gifs

I was perplexed by the lack of the profile section in the UCP. Strange itā€™s in myfirststeinberg though.

Still 100x100 is big enough to Stormin Norman!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Splitā€¦ the Atom. Was quite chuffed when I found that gif :smiley:

Yeah, four goes until I gissed it.