AXR4T Thunderbolt and Big Sur

So here we are. Late October. Is it coming out this week?

i was promised by steinberg that towards the end of october they would solve the compatibility problem with big sur and lTOOLS for AXR4T V1.2.1 | THUNDERBOLT
we arrived at 23 and still nothing is known. I believe that since January they still have not been able to speak up and be able to update .I hope Iā€™m wrong. Good day. Tullio

Hi Ed,
Are we getting the new driver this week or is it looking like November now?

Thanks

I was promised a driver delivery next week. Sorry for the slight delay (after the big one :frowning: )

No problem, thatā€™s great Ed. Thanks for the reply. Itā€™s really appreciated. Itā€™s great that youā€™ve started to talk to us here and let us know what is happening. Obviously a year delay on driver is not great but the main issue with Steinberg and these delays is just communication. Itā€™s a simple issue to fix. Delays arenā€™t great but weā€™ll all be fine if you let us know what the plan is.

Anyway thanks for letting customers know what is happening and that our beloved interfaces do have a future!

1 Like

We have released the macOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon compatible Thunderbolt driver for the AXR4T as part of the TOOLS for AXR4T V1.2.2 package.

For the successful installation on Big Sur and especially on an Apple Silicon system, please read this article carefully!

Hello Ed,

Thank you.

What about 32 bit floating support? There is nothing about this issue. Wasnā€™t there supposed to be an official statement regarding the whole platform?

Thanks,
David Bendayan

This is not the official statement, but it looks like the support will be back with macOS Monterey once we have released official drivers for the new macOS version. This seems to be rather an issue with Big Sur than with the driver, which most likely wonā€™t be addressed anymore. The current tests with Monterey look promising, though.

Amazing thanks Ed!!

It all works great so far!
Edit: Actually one glitch it stutters when playing and switching to another app. Keeps playing but thereā€™s definitely a glitch.

1 Like

No matter which app you switch to? Do latency/priority settings in Cubase have any impact?

Let me check a few different apps and get back to you. I was using Cubase, but Iā€™ll check with Pro tools too. I was just bringing up a web browser window while playing back a small session in cubase