BackBone issues

1. From the BackBone “Load Program” dialog - Cannot browse user samples under “File System” as they don’t show up. (Filter attribs are cleared) However in Cubase Media Bay - they do show up. Drag and Drop works but is clunky - See #2.

\
  2. Drag and Drop sample to “Layer” causes Backbone plugin to disappear when click focus is elsewhere. Two or three repeats of the drag / drop step will result in a successful load of a sample to a layer (if your quick)

On your second problem, What happens if you right click backbone and choose “always on top”?

On your second problem, What happens if you right click backbone and choose “always on top”?

Yes - I found that after I had posted and it solves the focus problem with drag/drop, Tkx Andreas.

And also just for comparison - browsing for samples in other Steinberg VST instruments that use the mediabay dialog, I find that plugins such as Groove Agent are correctly displaying samples from “File System” so this would indicate the issue to be specific to Backbone.

What do you think about backbone?
Im really hooked on buying it!

With the “Load Program” dialog you will see only "Programs, as for “Load Layers” you will see only “Layers”.
If you want to see all the other stuff (like samples) you have to unhide the Load Panel (click on the Load button in the top middle) and click on “Browser”.
Now you should be able to see the samples as well.

best regards
Gerrit

Backbone is not loading in FL Studio 64bit.

Blockquote
With the “Load Program” dialog you will see only "Programs, as for “Load Layers” you will see only “Layers”.
If you want to see all the other stuff (like samples) you have to unhide the Load Panel (click on the Load button in the top middle) and click on “Browser”.
Now you should be able to see the samples as well.
Blockquote

Gerrit:

Sorry for the massive 6 month delay (I had email notify turned on…hmmm…) and thanks for your response. You are correct, this step works as stated. Load Programs / Layers makes perfect sense. Thanks again.

Bb

Andreas

If your into drum/hit design, I would say it’s a key toolkit piece. I really like the resynth/decompose functions and the integration with Cubase audio/sample slice workflow is great to work with.

I like it even better now that I have my idiot moment with the browser out the way. (!!)

B

1 Like