Backbone not loading in Logic

Installed on 2 different computers and on both it doesn’t show up in the list of VST Plugins. help!!!

Have you made sure to use the latest version of Logic and the eLicenser Control Center? The latter can be downloaded at https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html

Yes, everything is up-to-date.

I cannot reproduce this here. For more help, I’d need a detailed system overview (which Mac model, which OS exactly, which Logic version exactly). Also, does the Logic Plug-in Manager list Backbone?

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 9 MB
Memory: 64 GB

OSX 10.15.6
Logic V.10.5.1

The plug in shows up in the plugin manager and there’s a check mark that all is ok. But it won’t show in the list of plug ins when trying to select in the drop down in the actual Logic environment.

Thanks! I am still unable to reproduce this here at work. Backbone shows up just fine.

Have you tried a complete rescan of the plug-ins as described in here? Bypass, remove or rescan Audio Units plug-ins in Logic Pro or MainStage – Apple Support (UK)

I have done all of the above…nothing…

I have rescanned an trashed cache,etc. all of my other plugins load with no problem.

Have you been in contact with the Logic support on this matter? Maybe they have more ideas as to why this happens.

Hi yurigevrasev,
unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to eliminate this issue right now.
We’re in contact with apple and we hope that they will provide soon a fix for Logic or tell us what we have to change in our plugins to solve the problem.

A possible workaround from the LogicProHelp forum is perhaps this one:

Finally I created a new admin user, started Logic and after the validation of the plugins I could create a new empty project with an instrument track. And YES, the Steinberg menu was there, I could use it again.

best regards
Gerrit Junge

I just bought Backbone with the sole intention of using it with Logic and i have the same problem here. How is this happening?

Had the same problem. After installing and authorising I restarted my iMac (Catalina) and Logic suddenly found it.

I hope they resolve this soon! Love to be able to use Backbone in Logic.

Please have a look here :

best regards
Gerrit

I am also having the same problem here BackBone is not showing up in Logic. Very disappointed there is no resolution after I just purchased this plugin. :frowning:

Ok new update, I was finally able to get it working. I removed the " com.apple.audiounits.cache " file and the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder. Then rescanned all my plugins which at first didn’t work the first two times I did it. Then on the second try and restart, I was able to see it and get working in Logic. One note for those that have the Waves plugins installed I had to go into my Wave Central software and remove my older versions 9, 10, 11, and 12, leaving only version 13 installed ( the latest). This also might have had something to do with it not sure. So after doing that it was able to scan and authorize the backbone plugin in Logic.

I’m so disappointed. After hours of trying, deleting stuff, restarting the Mac, deleting again, and so on. I finally got it to show up, and I can load it into a track. But now Backbone doesn’t respond to any MIDI input. Pressing the trigger button plays the sound, but it does not react to any of my MIDI controllers.
The controllers are working fine. Any other plugin works.

Just in case someone has the same problem (Backbone not reacting to MIDI notes): disabling MIDI 2.0 in Logic’s MIDI preferences does the trick.

Backbone is the only plugin behaving that way so I assume there is something wrong in Backbones VTS3-AU wrapper?

The “new admin” trick worked for me. Thanks!

it still isn’t a solution but a workaround, since creating a new user profile because of an issue with a piece of software does not sound great TBH!